+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
And then, because of country of residence, the application will be treated as a UAE application. You cannot force it to be processed as if it were from India.

OFR

May 13, 2019
Russia
And then, because of country of residence, the application will be treated as a UAE application. You cannot force it to be processed as if it were from India.
Hi, k.h.p.
Maybe you could have have some good idea for me too.

My employer's immigration attorney submitted the documents (myself+spouse+2 kids) on 8th of February. On 14th of February we have passed the biometrcics and medical examination has been done in advance. We're applying from Russia and it's a transfer within the company. A regular processing time for WP in Russia is 6 weeks but we have nothing till now (no it's 15th week already). My case was moved to Edmonton office from Moscow and the last update i had is they have hired a 3rd party company to check my background. No specific time of processing was mentioned and it is the worst thing ever. We've nothing to do but keep waiting.

Did you have anything similiar in your experience? And how long in theory it could take?

Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi, k.h.p.
Maybe you could have have some good idea for me too.

My employer's immigration attorney submitted the documents (myself+spouse+2 kids) on 8th of February. On 14th of February we have passed the biometrcics and medical examination has been done in advance. We're applying from Russia and it's a transfer within the company. A regular processing time for WP in Russia is 6 weeks but we have nothing till now (no it's 15th week already). My case was moved to Edmonton office from Moscow and the last update i had is they have hired a 3rd party company to check my background. No specific time of processing was mentioned and it is the worst thing ever. We've nothing to do but keep waiting.

Did you have anything similiar in your experience? And how long in theory it could take?

Thank you
They haven't hired a third party company - they are using CSIS and RCMP (effectively the FSB) to do a security background check. There are no timelines that apply for a security screening - unfortunately all you can do is wait. Something in your background profile triggered a security check. Maybe someone has served in the military or for the police, for example.

Reactions: OFR

OFR

May 13, 2019
Russia
They haven't hired a third party company - they are using CSIS and RCMP (effectively the FSB) to do a security background check. There are no timelines that apply for a security screening - unfortunately all you can do is wait. Something in your background profile triggered a security check. Maybe someone has served in the military or for the police, for example.
k.h.p,
Thanks a lot.
I have 2 passports for traveling abroad and about 10 countries visited for the previous couple of years due to the business needs. Could it be something making them concerned?

Neither i, no my wife we didn't serve in the army or police. My wife's father used to be a NAVY pilot about 15 years ago, does it make sense for immigration?

Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
k.h.p,
Thanks a lot.
I have 2 passports for traveling abroad and about 10 countries visited for the previous couple of years due to the business needs. Could it be something making them concerned?

Neither i, no my wife we didn't serve in the army or police. My wife's father used to be a NAVY pilot about 15 years ago, does it make sense for immigration?

Thank you
That may be part of it - no one is really sure what goes into a security screening (or else people would hide their background effectively to avoid them) but some military background in the family history could be part of it.

OFR

May 13, 2019
Russia
That may be part of it - no one is really sure what goes into a security screening (or else people would hide their background effectively to avoid them) but some military background in the family history could be part of it.
k.h.p
Thank you for your comments.

What was the longest WP period of waiting for Russians in your experience?

ibrajaved

Jul 23, 2017
Hi, I finished two years of education in Toronto in April 2019, now I am wanting to apply for post graduation work permit which should be of 3 years so that means should be valid till 2022. But, my passport expires in August 2021. Now, I am confused if i should apply for passport renewal first or go for application of work permit and later on extend the work permit. Some people have said it is risky to apply for work permit extension later on. Can anyone please advise me on this. Thanks.

mayhemmorgan

Nov 12, 2019
dear all,
can someone who had experience of work permit in UAE to assistant on the below :
I've got an offer from Canada as a work permit , and I've submitted the biomethric n first week of august and I'm still waiting.
anyone can tell me how long approximetly will take to have work permit and what is the next step after biometric submition

Nov 10, 2019
dear all,
can someone who had experience of work permit in UAE to assistant on the below :
I've got an offer from Canada as a work permit , and I've submitted the biomethric n first week of august and I'm still waiting.
anyone can tell me how long approximetly will take to have work permit and what is the next step after biometric submition
Hi Dear,

Did u got any update on your application? Under which WP you applied? I submitted mine last October under Provincial Nominee and still waiting.

mayhemmorgan

Nov 12, 2019
Hi Dear,

Did u got any update on your application? Under which WP you applied? I submitted mine last October under Provincial Nominee and still waiting.
no update yet, I'm not sure under which WP, since I've received the offer from Canadian employer and been looking after an immigration office in Canada who time to time updated me by mail, however my latest update from the immigration office was to wait for a call from embassy for interview a month ago but till now now response !!

divya25

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello.
I am applying W1 work permit visa with LMIA from india.
My status is now background check is completed .
file started on 16 july.
Now any idea when we get request form bio metric.