Work permit

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Hello friends... i am indian citizen working in uae and will applying my work permit with lmia....
Which would be better option...
Apply from uae or from my home country (because in uae processing time is 22 weeks on the others hand in india it is 5 weeks)
Second many of my friends apply from uae and got refused...in refusal letter one of the reason they mension (immigration status of your residence country)...plz guide me

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Then you must declare UAE as your country of residence, even if you apply from India. The Indian visa office would likely transfer the application to the UAE office for the background check, and any concerns from your status in UAE would still apply.

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Then you must declare UAE as your country of residence, even if you apply from India. The Indian visa office would likely transfer the application to the UAE office for the background check, and any concerns from your status in UAE would still apply.
Ok ..i will ...then what about biometric..where it should be taken if I apply online from india and mention current residence country uae...
Will it effect on my application because i am afraid that visa officer might think why i not apply from my country of residence??

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you apply online from India, you may well be sent to a visa application centre in India for your biometrics, which is why you are supposed to apply form your country of residence.

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
If you apply online from India, you may well be sent to a visa application centre in India for your biometrics, which is why you are supposed to apply form your country of residence.
That’s a problem ... i may be unable to go to India because of my work....
I was thinking that I will apply online from india and will give my biometric here in uae

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That will not avoid the problem of the visa officer being concerned about your status in the UAE because you will still have to declare it.

The Indian visa office will just send your file to the UAE.

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
That will not avoid the problem of the visa officer being concerned about your status in the UAE because you will still have to declare it.

The Indian visa office will just send your file to the UAE.
If my file transfer from India to uae...then my processing time start according to uae or india?...in uae processing time is very long

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If my file transfer from India to uae...then my processing time start according to uae or india?...in uae processing time is very long
When you apply online they send the visa file wherever it can be processed, and then they have to wait for the visa offices in the countries you've lived in to do their check.

If you are a Russian living in Shanghai but have lived in Singapore, and you apply online, the Moscow, Shanghai, Beijing, and Singapore offices will all be involved in your application.

When you apply online, you cannot specify the visa office processing your application. It all depends on your address of residence as to how it is processed. Since you are resident in the UAE, if you apply online, it will be handled at first by the UAE office.

If you lie, and put India as your address of residence, you will be caught, because your passport and personal history forms will demonstrate you are living in the UAE.

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Hmmmm thax bro for your time...i will apply from India and mention my current residency uae...is it ok?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No i will not lie...i will be in uae if I mention my current residence status
That's right. The online questionnaire asks two questions: what is the country code on your passport, and what is your current country of residence? It uses the country of residence to determine how the application will be processed.

There is no option for you to apply online as if you were in India unless you lie on that question.

Satbir666

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
I
That's right. The online questionnaire asks two questions: what is the country code on your passport, and what is your current country of residence? It uses the country of residence to determine how the application will be processed.

There is no option for you to apply online as if you were in India unless you lie on that question.
n country code i will select india and residence country uae...