+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit travel with dependents

Sep 16, 2020
I hold work permit and plan to travel this week. I got all the confirmations that I am travelling for essential services and I am good to travel I just wanted to confirm that my dependents don't need anything else, as they are also travelling with me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I hold work permit and plan to travel this week. I got all the confirmations that I am travelling for essential services and I am good to travel I just wanted to confirm that my dependents don't need anything else, as they are also travelling with me.
Who are your dependents? Spouse? Children? If a spouse or common law partner, do they hold a TRV or an OWP? If an OWP, do they already have a job secured in Canada?

Sep 16, 2020
Who are your dependents? Spouse? Children? If a spouse or common law partner, do they hold a TRV or an OWP? If an OWP, do they already have a job secured in Canada?
I am travelling with my wife(Open work Permit), child(Study permit) and infant(Visitor Visa). My wife doesn't has job offer, but they are travelling with me.

Reactions: astraldust

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am travelling with my wife(Open work Permit), child(Study permit) and infant(Visitor Visa). My wife doesn't has job offer, but they are travelling with me.
Hard to say in that case.

You can definitely travel. Not possible to give a concrete answer for the rest of your family. Your travel is clearly essential. Not so clear for the rest of your family.

We've seen some people here successfully board. We have seen others refused and their travel deemed non-essential (this would apply to your wife and potentially your children). Generally speaking, those holding OWPs are allowed to board if they have a job in Canada. With just an OWP (but no job in Canada), it's a dice roll and CBSA is sometimes saying there is no reason for this person to be traveling to Canada right now.

There is a permision letter you can request from IRCC. However it's taking a long time for people to get responses and we have seen IRCC refuse to issue the permission letter in cases such as yours.

So short answer is that it's unfortunately hard to say what will happen.

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
I am WP (closed) holder and a returning employee. IRCC confirmed I can travel but don't have any permission or approval letter, can I travel?

balamn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1 JAN 2020
Doc's Request.
8 JAN 2020
Nomination.....
8 JAN 2020
AOR Received.
1 FEB 2020
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hi Ashutosh, did you travel successfully? did you share explicit letter from your organization for travel? is it mandatory?