+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit sponsorship

himezo

Apr 2, 2009
Hi there,
I am Japanese girl who is looking for employment in Canada(especially in AB or BC) who helps me to get work permit. I think it was not hard to get work permit until 6 months ago, but it is SUPER HARD now.
I am looking for restaurant job(server), travel agent job or hotel job. I worked at restaurant and travel agency in Japan for 10 years. I also worked at restaurant in Canada when I had a working holiday visa.
I sent my resume to many employments, but nobody can give me a work permit because of bad economy.
I am thinking to go to Calgary and Vancouver for job hunt.
Do you think is it impossible to get work permit? I don't know what should I do...:( Does anyone have any ideas?? I am looking forward to your advice!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard it may be easier these days to get an AEO instead of an LMO and you can use the AEO to apply directly for your immigration through a PNP, at least in AB and BC.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Leon,
When you say apply through PNP in BC or AB, do u need to qualify with 67 points???

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, they don't use points like FSW or if they do they have their own system. Check out the PNP's at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

The only problem is you'd have to figure out a way to get a skilled job. You can't get an AEO for low skill. For example a shift manager in McDonalds is a skilled job while a server in a high class restaurant is considered semi-skilled. Look at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=restaurant to find restaurant jobs, you can also use it to look for hotel jobs.

The way you see if a job is skilled or not:

Look at the 4 digit code. If the first digit is 0, like 0631 it's a skilled job. If the first digit is not 0 but the 2nd digit is 1, 2 or 3, like 6212, it's also a skilled job.

If the first digit is not 0 and the 2nd digit is not 1, 2 or 3, like 6451, then it's a low or semi skilled job.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Basically Remember We DONT WANT TEMPORARY FORIEGN WORKERS anymore,So working permits and LMO s are being tightened up,What We want are IMMIGRANTS to Canada,I have A Korean who was denied LMO and working permit but approved for PR under BC PNP same with another Iranian denied working visa but approved in principal under FSW Class 1 to immigrate to Canada.Foriegn workers send money overseas to their families,dont buy cars and houses knowing their stay in Canada is temporary,Immigrants bring their families to Canada,Invest and keep their money in Canada.In Fact I am meeting a Mexican on Saturday who was told by his boss that if he doesnt apply for PR,His work permit will not be signed by his boss,I am reviewing his papers since He is filing under BC PNP next week

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
BC GUY,

i need help with my situation. i understand your comment about we need PR. i am being sponsored though by my wife. i have a work permit(open) from my application of refugee. it will be expiring in 3 months though. i wanna know how i can renew or be qualified for PNP. I'm a community/mental health worker. i'm actually a nurse but i have to get registered though, and to be able to register i need to go home to my country and do one exam. i can't do it cause if i leave the country i won't be able to come back. i would like to have i light in my status cause i'm dying to buy a car and probably a house but i don't wanna get into something that i'm not sure with my situation cause what if i might end up leaving canada if i don't get work permit. hope you can give me some advice.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
unresolve means? there were no hearings yet and maybe i can drop my claim. i'm only wondering if i can get another open work permit from my application of spousal? what would my employer need to do if i would drop my claim and apply for PNP?

himezo

Apr 2, 2009
Hi Leon and BCguy,

Thank you for your respond.

I was thinking about PNP(BC PNP or AINP) because I want to be immigrant one day, so it's good for me. If I apply PNP, I HAVE TO work for 9 month in BC or 6 month in AB before applying, don't I? That's why I need work permit first. Or do I have a misunderstanding about PNP?

I know Canada doesn't need foreign worker any more. The economy in whole world is very bad. A lot of Canadians lost their job, so employments have to hire canadians first. I agree about it, but I don't give up to find employment.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two ways to apply:

You get an LMO for a temporary work permit (this is hard now). Your employer can right away sponsor you for immigration if it's a skilled job or if it's an unskilled job, you have to work 9 months in BC or 6 in AB and your occupation has to qualify for BC or AB low skilled program.

Or

You get an AEO arranged employment offer, has to be for a skilled job, easier to get than LMO and you can use the AEO to apply for immigration in BC or AB or to apply as a skilled worker if you qualify.

himezo

Apr 2, 2009
Hi Leon,

Thanks a lot for your advice!
This website is really useful for me :)
Well, I have 2 ways to apply. It is easier to get AEO than to get LMO, but both of them are hard for me...ha ha. Anyway, I have to do my best!!

By the way, I found following website. I don't know it is helpful for me or not, but I am going to call them tomorrow.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/WA_working_alberta_0308.pdf

Actually, I live in Toronto now and send my resume only by email. I am going to go to AB and BC soon, because I think face to face is better than email.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that seems to be a part of the AB website. Also see AB and BC immigration programs at

British Columbia PNP: http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/provincialnominee/welcome.htm

Alberta AINP: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/ainp.html

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Work permit sponsorship (BCguy)

Dear BCguy,

Need your advice if you apply for BC PNP do you need to pass the 67 points and appear for IELTS test. What if I have the AEO for Office administrator/Co ordinator???

Thanks,
Nicholas

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
We dont care about points as long as you have a job offer,We recently approved a nomination for a Taiwanese Baker who only knew how to say Hello,Thank you and Good Bye.