Work permit sponsorship

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Work permit sponsorship (BCguy)

Hi BCguy,

So can a cashier (low skill) apply for BC PNP if I have the AEO???? Iam presently in Dubai.

Thanks

himezo

Apr 2, 2009
Hi guys,
I'm going to start to look for employment who help me to get an AEO, but I don't know how to find it. Should I just send my resume and say "I need an AEO."?
Sorry about STUPID question....:(

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Work permit sponsorship (BC guy & Leon)

Hi BCguy & Leon,

I suppose NOC 6435 Hotel Front Desk Clerk is under the BC PNP, If I get an AEO for this can I come to Canada on PR status???

Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
himezo said:
Hi guys,
I'm going to start to look for employment who help me to get an AEO, but I don't know how to find it. Should I just send my resume and say "I need an AEO."?
Send your resume and send a cover letter saying that you think you could be an asset to this company but in order to work for them, you need an AEO. Print out the information about the AEO from the website in case they don't know what it is. However.. it will be very hard for you to get a job by sending out resumes. Personal contact is always better. If you can find job ads, phone companies directly, talk to a person, explain your situation. If you can go there, even better.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Work permit sponsorship BC guy

Dear BCguy,

What if I have AEO for the position of Hotel fronk desk clerk, do I have to apply for Temporary foreign worker or BC PNP to enter Canada???

Please advice
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An AEO is not given except for a skilled position. This is why you can't get an AEO for 6435.

The NOC code tells you if a position is skilled or not. If the first of the 4 digits is 0, it's skilled or if the first digit is not 0 but the 2nd digit is 1, 2 or 3, it's skilled. Otherwise it's semi-skilled or low-skilled.

Like BCguy says and I am sure we have told you this before, if you come to BC on a temporary work permit under 6435 and work for 9 months, you will qualify to apply for PR under the BC PNP semi skilled program, see http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/provincialnominee/strategicoccupations/entrylevel.htm

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, see http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/hotelandlodging.html and the time you have to work in AB to apply for PR is shorter, 6 months instead of 9.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Work permit sponsorship BCguy & Leon

Hey BCguy,
If Leon can survive in -20 winter I think I have to do the same (Hahaha) and anyway I dont know if Iam coming to BC or AB as of now.
Leon I checked the site but wanna know what is this emerit Professional Certification for the occupation of Front Desk clerk is it compulsary???

Thanks Guys

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Look for it on the NOC website. I am sure you don't need any professional certification to work as a front desk clerk.

himezo

Apr 2, 2009
Leon said:
himezo said:
Hi guys,
Send your resume and send a cover letter saying that you think you could be an asset to this company but in order to work for them, you need an AEO. Print out the information about the AEO from the website in case they don't know what it is. However.. it will be very hard for you to get a job by sending out resumes. Personal contact is always better. If you can find job ads, phone companies directly, talk to a person, explain your situation. If you can go there, even better.