+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit - SIN Application

Hafiez

Oct 11, 2022
Hi All,

I will be travelling as a dependent with Open Work Permit in next couple of months, Will be staying for approximately 4 weeks.

I would like to know if it is mandatory to apply SIN as I will be in Canada for short period of time.

Can someone please help with this query.

Thanks
Hafiez

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I will be travelling as a dependent with Open Work Permit in next couple of months, Will be staying for approximately 4 weeks.

I would like to know if it is mandatory to apply SIN as I will be in Canada for short period of time.

Can someone please help with this query.

Thanks
Hafiez
So you aren’t working?

Hafiez

Oct 11, 2022
No I won't be working in Canada, may be I will return after an year and search for work.
But initially will not seek work in Canada after my initial travel.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I won't be working in Canada, may be I will return after an year and search for work.
But initially will not seek work in Canada after my initial travel.
Why don’t you apply for it online or in person. It is good to have one in case you need to access services.

Hafiez

Oct 11, 2022
I would like to but after landing in Toronto, I feel 3-4 weeks will be quite short to apply and get it.
I can apply, hope it is not mandatory to be there to collect it from SIN office.

pond561ee

Aug 28, 2021
I would like to but after landing in Toronto, I feel 3-4 weeks will be quite short to apply and get it.
I can apply, hope it is not mandatory to be there to collect it from SIN office.
If you go in person you get it right away. Just bring your WP and ID.

Reactions: Naturgrl