AOR Received.
08-08-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
14-08-2012
Med's Request
Waiting
I would like to share my experience regarding my work permit restoration processing time. My WP got rejected on May 11th due to LMO. I got my LMO on May 25th. I have submitted my WP Restoration(WP + LMO) on June 6th with the approved LMO and the full fees. After one month I had contacted CIC call center but there was no update and asked to wait till October. Again I called in July last week and they have confirmed that my application has been sent to Visa officer on June 25th and it will be processed by October. I had contacted call center on weekly basis but there were no updates. Finally I had contacted the call center on August 24th, they have confirmed that my application has been approved and processed on August 20th and they have sent the approved WP. It took 2 months once they have sent my documents to Visa officer. There are more chances to get the WP approved along with the positive LMO.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Saphire27 said:
I would like to share my experience regarding my work permit restoration processing time. My WP got rejected on May 11th due to LMO. I got my LMO on May 25th. I have submitted my WP Restoration(WP + LMO) on June 6th with the approved LMO and the full fees. After one month I had contacted CIC call center but there was no update and asked to wait till October. Again I called in July last week and they have confirmed that my application has been sent to Visa officer on June 25th and it will be processed by October. I had contacted call center on weekly basis but there were no updates. Finally I had contacted the call center on August 24th, they have confirmed that my application has been approved and processed on August 20th and they have sent the approved WP. It took 2 months once they have sent my documents to Visa officer. There are more chances to get the WP approved along with the positive LMO.
Congratulations! I am sure it was a long and difficult wait...

I applied on May 10th for restoration but still waiting. Even I am repeatedly told it will be done by October ...Hope my job would still be there when I finally get it..

YemenBoy

May 25, 2012
Saphire27 said:

thanks for shearing that, but which visa office did u applied.

thx

Saphire27

Aug 24, 2012
Toronto ONtario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
14-08-2012
Med's Request
Waiting
Hi Friends,

I know the pain of waiting and ambuigty. That’s why I wanted to share the data. I have sent my documents to Vegreville Alberta. Once you get the positive LMO, your chances are very high to get the WP but it takes time. This is my experience.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Saphire27 said:
Thanks for sharing this with us Saphire. I have a few questions:
1) After you got rejected and before you were approved what status did you have? If you had any at all
2) Were you allowed to stay in Canada that time?
3) Did they contact your employer?
4) Have you gone for an interview with the officer?
Thank you in advance.

Saphire27

Aug 24, 2012
Toronto ONtario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
14-08-2012
Med's Request
Waiting
Here are my updates:

1) After you got rejected and before you were approved what status did you have? If you had any at all -
I don't know exactly about the status but I have stopped working and waiting for the approval.

Yes, we can stay in Canada if we submit the application with in 90 days of the rejection. We can stay in Canada until your application gets processed whether its approved or rejected. This is the legal stay. You need not leave the country.

No. They didn't contact my employer. In my rejection letter, they have requested my employer to submit the approved LMO along with the full fee.

No.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Saphire27 said:
Here are my updates:

1) After you got rejected and before you were approved what status did you have? If you had any at all -
I don't know exactly about the status but I have stopped working and waiting for the approval.

Yes, we can stay in Canada if we submit the application with in 90 days of the rejection. We can stay in Canada until your application gets processed whether its approved or rejected. This is the legal stay. You need not leave the country.

No. They didn't contact my employer. In my rejection letter, they have requested my employer to submit the approved LMO along with the full fee.

No.
Thank you very much.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saphire27 said:
Here are my updates:

Legally - you don't have worker status and as residence status is tied to worker status - at this point you also do not have temporary resident status (more explanation in reply below)

This is what is called 'implied status' - unfortunately for restoration of worker status, implied status only applies to your temporary residence status and not to your worker status. You can stay in the country until there is a result on your restoration application, but you cannot work as you do not have legal worker status.

I share what you are feeling - having gone through the pain of the restoration process also. Hang on tight, it will be quite a wait, and be strong.

Aug 13, 2012
Saphire27 said:

congrats for you are blessed. It only took you 2 months of waiting. For me I submitted my application on June 12 and they received it on June 14. Im still waiting and hopefully will be approved this august or early september. It is really hard waiting for the result but thats how it works. My application should be normal application processing time coz my working visa is not expired when I applied for a new one. I have not yet call the call center for an update maybe this september. Hopefully same result as yours.

Aug 13, 2012
Saphire27 said:
Hi Friends,

I know the pain of waiting and ambuigty. That's why I wanted to share the data. I have sent my documents to Vegreville Alberta. Once you get the positive LMO, your chances are very high to get the WP but it takes time. This is my experience.
Thank you for sharing this for it boost our hope for a good result. Its really hard waiting especially for a long time but its worth it. Still waiting for my work permit to be approved.

Iwanttoimmigrate

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-09-2013
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
17-05-2014
Hi Saphire27 and all,

I'm in exactly the same the situation as you were. Here is the situation.

1. My new employer had applied with a CAQ (LMO was exempted for IT workers) for a work permit in 2nd week of March.
2. My Old WP (old employer) has expired in 3rd week March after applying for WP -- Here I knew i get an implied status till i get a decision on my WP.
3. The decision on first WP application came in last week of May and It was rejected due to conflicts of dates in the CAQ.
4. My employer then sought a AMT (LMO for quebec) and applied for restoration of status along with new application work permit in last week of June.
(Yes we have reapplied after 90 days of expiry of earlier WP)

What was my status during my rejection and replication?

5. I inquired a week ago with CIC, they said that since my earlier status expired before i applied the second time... the application goes to the special department... which takes an approximately 4 Months of time (which is anytime after November).

At this moment of time.... whats my status in Canada? and does it take 4 months of processing?

Thanks in advance.