+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Renewal Rejected after receiving PR passport request

Kirti

Jun 11, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my work permit extension before its expiry date of May 2012. While my work permit renewal was still under process I received my PR passport request in June 2012 and I have sent my passport for visa stamping. After 2 days of sending the passport I received my Workpermit rejection. Now am I still under the implied status and will I be able to continue work? If not, when can I start working again?

I would appreciate your response on this.

Thanks in advance.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You can not continue to work and can only resume after you have landed.

Smile26

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Kirti said:
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my work permit extension before its expiry date of May 2012. While my work permit renewal was still under process I received my PR passport request in June 2012 and I have sent my passport for visa stamping. After 2 days of sending the passport I received my Workpermit rejection. Now am I still under the implied status and will I be able to continue work? If not, when can I start working again?

I would appreciate your response on this.

Thanks in advance.
Just wonderin on what basis was ur work permit rejected??? Also they must have informed u to restore ur status and stop working as u are no longer under implied status once u receive a reply from CIC. When did u apply for work permit ?? Was it paper or online??? I have applied for one and was curious to know the timeline .

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
call CIC and explain to them and I am pretty sure they will tell you to receive your passport and land with it.
I think they allow you 30 days to pack up your things and liquidate your assets after a refusal. Use that as an excuse say you are packing and then get your passport and land.

Kirti

Jun 11, 2012
Thanks SenoritaBella and all for your reply.

I applied for my LMO in feb 2012 and workPermit in May 2012. It was not an online application.

Now that I am allowed to work only after I land, do I have to apply for visitor's visa or reapply workpermit for covering this 3 weeks period. Or should I simply wait for the passports. In that case what will be my status in the interm?

Also, would like to know if calling CIC with this query of workpermit rejection and interm status have any adverse impact on my PR visa stamping.

Yvincent

Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted
How come your work permit renewal got rejected? Did you have any offer letter with LMO?

I'm also doing that, hope they won't reject mine ...

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
they are rejecting work permits for the lamest reasons. CIC policy is to get people like us into Canada, abuse us for a couple of years, make us spend all our money on car and furniture, then kick us out for the lamest excuse, sometimes the excuse could be they have a quota to fill and they already filled it, sometimes their excuse is they want to force you to apply for permanent, sometimes they say your documents are not convicing or are not complete,
we're money to them and they just ride our backs and milk us dry and then throw us away and get fresh ones to replace us.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Kirti said:
Now that I am allowed to work only after I land, do I have to apply for visitor's visa or reapply workpermit for covering this 3 weeks period. Or should I simply wait for the passports. In that case what will be my status in the interm?
Call CIC and ask. Then let us know what they say :)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Did you get the LMO? You have 90 days from when your work permit expired to restore status. At anytime you receive the LMO, apply for extension of the work permit and restoration of status if you have not received your passport by this time.

The other thing you could do is ask a lawyer or the CIC call center. Don't give them your client ID or name, but try asking what someone in that situation should do.