+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit processing time

Jun 12, 2013
need help with the following questions and i will be glad if anyone can help me with this;

Has anyone used Nanny Centre or the Nanny Academy to get certified Nanny for caregiver work permit? What was your experience? Both organisations in Lagos offer training for nannies. I need to know if the Canadian govt will issue a work permit based on this or if you know of any certified Nanny training institution that can help with this. Success rate of these institutions is important to me.

Thank you

OLAMILEKAN4U@

Mar 31, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please I'm from Nigeria, I will like to know how long does it take Vfs to call candidate for thumb printing? Because I've submitted my passport since 26th of March 2018

ishpiringkiting

Jan 11, 2012
Looks like you have applied paper application through CVAC,Paper application can take long time.you just have to be patience about it.Medical is not determined by your country or residence/origin,it depends upon stream you have applied for Canada for work permit you will need to have medical exam. Original passport are required to process the work permit application from V.F.S and it's mandatory..
Hi there. It’s been 8 weeks now and I have not received any email yet. Am I to expect refusal on my application? When I checked on the status of my application on the online tracking of VFS, it says there that it is under process.

Mythripotturu

Feb 20, 2018
Hi all I applied for work permit for me and open work permit for my wife and study permit for my daughter
My wife and daughter got passport request and application approval. Here I am the principal applicant and applied for whole family together but my status is showing still under process and I didn’t get the passport request.

I thought when I should be approved first for my dependent’s to accompany me or we should get passport request all together. Any one has same experience please shed some light. I am worried

Luckyhari

May 1, 2018
If I m not able to attended an interview due to a big reason .is there any chance to again interview rescheule for my work permit file..?

Jul 6, 2018
Hi All,

Currently i am in USA with H1B visa and i have applied for Intra company transfer( Closed work permit) to canada. Still its in internal processing within the company. I have few doubts regarding the processing time.
Am an indian citizen. I changed my indian company to US based company

1. How long will it take to process my work permit to get approve once its submitted.
2. Is there any premium processing available for intra company transfer

Thanks
Abhi

priyankbhojak88

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
PEI, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
IELTS Request
19-08-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
04-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2019
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Hello House,

Anyone who can give me some information about Intra Company Transfer for Startup category?

I really seek help.

Thanks
Priyank

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hi All,

Currently i am in USA with H1B visa and i have applied for Intra company transfer( Closed work permit) to canada. Still its in internal processing within the company. I have few doubts regarding the processing time.

1. How long will it take to process my work permit to get approve once its submitted.

Thanks
Abhi
It should get processed it in 2-3 weeks top. No premium processing for that .

Abhilal15

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Hi Friends,

My husband is a scientist and got a job offer from waterloo university ( LMIA Exempt ). We will be applying work permit online. the CIC website says it takes around 13 weeks to get your permit. Do it takes so much time or usually people get it before 13 weeks. We have applied for our PR as well and our case is still undergoing security check ( for the past 6 months )
Regards ,
Abhi

vbollam

Jul 21, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks
Abhi
Hi Abhi,
Did you applied for your Intra company transfer permit? Did you got the decision? I applied on 8/3/2018 from US, I am trying to understand what is the processing time? Could you please advise?

Thank you.
Venkat

Aug 20, 2018
Hi there,
Can anyone please tell me the actual time required to get an open work permit for Canada? I had applied on 27th July and it is still on processing. I am bit worried since few of my friends got their visa in one month.