+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit processing time delay

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
I come from a non visa exempt country (Guatemala) and I was studying french in Canada under a visitor visa for 2 months. I got a job offer for a company in Canada, LMIA exempt and I had to leave the country to apply for the work permit due to biometrics. I came to the USA to wait for the processing, and submitted the biometrics. However, it has been 5 weeks already since the application and the processing time was supposed to be 3 weeks. I applied online.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
A friend of mine just recently got her WP. She is from country that need visa to enter Canada. For some reason, she applied online while she was visiting her friend (me). Here is her timeline:

Application date: November 22
Request for Police Certificate: Dec 3
Submitted Police Certificate: Dec 10
Request for Passport: Dec 19
Passport sent: Dec 20

I know lots of people here would not believe in this case. But it is true. However, I must say that she had prepared everything since the start of the application and uploaded all the required docs: Upfront medical result, Biometric (she has valid visitor visa), All employer's records and certificates, her degrees and certificates, Police record took 5 days to get it...Average wait time for her country is 8 weeks though

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
I come from a non xender discord omegle visa exempt country (Guatemala) and I was studying french in Canada under a visitor visa for 2 months. I got a job offer for a company in Canada, LMIA exempt and I had to leave the country to apply for the work permit due to biometrics. I came to the USA to wait for the processing, and submitted the biometrics. However, it has been 5 weeks already since the application and the processing time was supposed to be 3 weeks. I applied online.

ppatel2011

Mar 21, 2019
Sometimes they make mistakes, In my case a decision was made on same day I got the letter. But they didn't send letter for passport request. We waited and sent an inquiry a month letter before they confirmed. Imagine the stress I went through.
In which visa office this happen with you?