Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 5241
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Hello,

I come from a non visa exempt country (Guatemala) and I was studying french in Canada under a visitor visa for 2 months. I got a job offer for a company in Canada, LMIA exempt and I had to leave the country to apply for the work permit due to biometrics. I came to the USA to wait for the processing, and submitted the biometrics. However, it has been 5 weeks already since the application and the processing time was supposed to be 3 weeks. I applied online.

I have been trying to find out constantly where is my file or what is going on, but it is practically impossible to do so, since the contact number for IRCC is Canada only, and the NY Consulate does not take phone calls for immigration inquiries.

Why could an application be delayed? Is there any possible way to find out what is going on?

Any help?

BelsKay

Jun 28, 2019
Hello,

I come from a non visa exempt country (Guatemala) and I was studying french in Canada under a visitor visa for 2 months. I got a job offer for a company in Canada, LMIA exempt and I had to leave the country to apply for the work permit due to biometrics. I came to the USA to wait for the processing, and submitted the biometrics. However, it has been 5 weeks already since the application and the processing time was supposed to be 3 weeks. I applied online.

I have been trying to find out constantly where is my file or what is going on, but it is practically impossible to do so, since the contact number for IRCC is Canada only, and the NY Consulate does not take phone calls for immigration inquiries.

Why could an application be delayed? Is there any possible way to find out what is going on?

Any help?
Hi , did you hear anything back .. I’ve been waiting long for mine too

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
Hello,

Any help?
Hi Did you hear back from them? I've been waiting since July 2019. I applied for same non LMIA, and did biometrics outside Canada, as well as did medical in September and passed. No reply yet!

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
I applied in August 27 and medicals passed in September 9th.. hoping to hear something soon
Interesting! if at all possible, could any of us waiting post updates should a correspondence come via from IRCC?
That will help others know approximate timelines at this visa office. I'm just suggesting..
Thanks.

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
Hello,

Any help?
Hi, have you heard back from them yet? It is taking rather too long, I haven't heard back from them.

artismelb

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 5241
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Hi , did you hear anything back .. I’ve been waiting long for mine too
Yes. It took a very long time. I believe it was delayed because I was not an american resident.

This was my processing timeline:
Apr 30th - Applied
May 1st - Biometrics letter
July 17th - Received passport request letter
July 25th - Sent my passport (I left the USA during the processing of the visa due to a personal matter and returned to the country to mail documents)
August 1st - Received my passport with the visa
August 2nd - Took a bus to the US border and applied for the Work Permit at the border

At the end, even tho the website said I had to wait 3 weeks, I ended up waiting 11 weeks. I started working on August 11th, 3 months after I applied.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions, I might have the answer.

artismelb

Jun 5, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC 5241
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Hi, have you heard back from them yet? It is taking rather too long, I haven't heard back from them.
look at the answer above! I shared my processing timeline.

Puneetgupta1987

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I applied for ICT on 24th October and still waiting for approval. I received Biometrics correspondence letter yesterday. Can somebody tell me how many more days will it take for the decision?

Malkeet1

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
I applied for ICT on 24th October and still waiting for approval. I received Biometrics correspondence letter yesterday. Can somebody tell me how many more days will it take for the decision?
If you received correspondence letter then with in one week you will get Decision. Good luck.

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
If you received correspondence letter then with in one week you will get Decision. Good luck.
Sometimes they make mistakes, In my case a decision was made on same day I got the letter. But they didn't send letter for passport request. We waited and sent an inquiry a month letter before they confirmed. Imagine the stress I went through.

zeguy993

Sep 24, 2019
He said he received biometric correspondence letter. That's no where close to a decision. Thats just the beginning of the entire process. A decision was made for me about 2months after the biometric correspondence letter. So I strongly doubt your response.

divya25

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
I am applying W1 work permit visa with LMIA from india.
My status is now background check is completed .
file started on 16 july.
Now any idea when we get request form bio metric.

Malkeet1

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
He said he received biometric correspondence letter. That's no where close to a decision. Thats just the beginning of the entire process. A decision was made for me about 2months after the biometric correspondence letter. So I strongly doubt your response.
Share your timeline please.