+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit, passport stamp question!

Jessilyn

Feb 16, 2018
So me and my husband have our permanent residency application set up (I'm American, he's Canadian). The only thing we have left to fill out is my open work permit under spousal sponsorship form. It is requesting that i submit photocopies of my passport showing issue/exp date, name, dob, passport number, photo etc. That part won't be a problem.
It is requesting I submit a photocopy of the stamp i received upon entering the country. I came through Lansdowne in Ontario and I didn't receive a stamp upon entry. I came in November 21st, 2018. I know I have an Automatic Visitor Visa which allows me to stay in the country for 6 months. However, I am freaking out because the application says if any required documents are missing, then the application can be returned or refused.
our immigration lawyer suggested writing an explanation on a seperate sheet of paper and attatching it the cirumstances as to why I do not have a stamp in my passport but I am riddled with anxiety that it will be refused because of that and that I will have to leave after we submit our inland forms. Everything we have is riding on my extending my stay. So I am so worried about this. Has anyone had this issue?