+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Medical Request (Outland Applicant)

shadowfiend

Aug 19, 2023
Hello everyone,

I applied for a work permit(applied on July 12th, 2023) and PR through the Atlantic Immigration Program.

I just received a medical examination form for my work permit application. Can anyone please tell me at what stage IRCC asks for the medical exam? I just want to have a rough idea about the processing.
In the online tracker, biometrics is completed, medical hasn't started and background verification is in progress. Thanks :)

Reactions: Spreet

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I applied for a work permit(applied on July 12th, 2023) and PR through the Atlantic Immigration Program.

I just received a medical examination form for my work permit application. Can anyone please tell me at what stage IRCC asks for the medical exam? I just want to have a rough idea about the processing.
In the online tracker, biometrics is completed, medical hasn't started and background verification is in progress. Thanks :)
there is nothing defined

After medical it can take a couple of months till application is fully processed

Good Checkprocessing times for estimates

Good Luck

Reactions: shadowfiend

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone,

It is asked for at the beginning of your app processing. Can't give you a time frame, it is all case specific as to how complex your app is.

Reactions: Spreet

shadowfiend

Aug 19, 2023
It is asked for at the beginning of your app processing. Can't give you a time frame, it is all case specific as to how complex your app is.
Well eligibility was completed and on the same day received the medical request, so I guess it is progressing well. Background check is still in progress.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Spreet

Jul 17, 2022
i applied pR
As luck would have it, my consultant/representative missed out on providing the upfront medical with the work permit application.
inapplied same with pnp , my wp got refused and pr still in process, i gave medical for pr application , they didnt ask for wp ,i am gonna apply wp again.