+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit & LMO...cutting it fine!!

amyg

Feb 3, 2012
Hi there,

We have just applied for an LMO, the current processing times are a min of 14 weeks in Calgary. My partner is a Heavy Duty Mechanic (Skilled Worker).

We literally will have 4 weeks to apply for our Work permit IF the LMO is approved. We are worried the LMO will not be approved as his company did not advertise apart from on their website as they never advertise outside of this.

Does this matter? There are a shortage of Heavy D Mechanics...

Also I was told by immigration that if send our application for our work permit at the last minute without an LMO this will give us "implied status" and buy us more time if we need to.

If an LMO is declined is it another 14 Weeks waiting time??

And I have heard that you have 90 days after your work permit expires to reapply does this mean you CAN work in those 90 days?? or must you stop...?

All help appreciated :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amyg said:
Hi there,

We have just applied for an LMO, the current processing times are a min of 14 weeks in Calgary. My partner is a Heavy Duty Mechanic (Skilled Worker).

We literally will have 4 weeks to apply for our Work permit IF the LMO is approved. We are worried the LMO will not be approved as his company did not advertise apart from on their website as they never advertise outside of this.

Does this matter? There are a shortage of Heavy D Mechanics...

Also I was told by immigration that if send our application for our work permit at the last minute without an LMO this will give us "implied status" and buy us more time if we need to.

If an LMO is declined is it another 14 Weeks waiting time??

And I have heard that you have 90 days after your work permit expires to reapply does this mean you CAN work in those 90 days?? or must you stop...?

All help appreciated :)
There is no way that LMO is going to be approved if the employer did not advertise on the HRSDC job bank. No way.

amyg

Feb 3, 2012
Can you cancel an LMO and where should we advertise HRSDC and monster? or is just HRSDC fine?

amyg

Feb 3, 2012
PS whats everyones advice for our next step...? I was thinking along the lines of cancel LMO, get work to advertise on Monster and HRSDC after a min of 14 days reapply for LMO...

Thoughts?? :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ask the employer to advertise at the job bank and make sure it's up for at least 14 days, and another website. Print the ads as they appear. Wages indicated (should be the prevailing wage rates, could be higher but not lower). Print the ads as they appear. Keep copies of the results of the recruitment effort (ad results, who applied, etc.) and submit together with the application for LMO.

amyg said:
PS whats everyones advice for our next step...? I was thinking along the lines of cancel LMO, get work to advertise on Monster and HRSDC after a min of 14 days reapply for LMO...

Thoughts?? :)

amyg

Feb 3, 2012
job_seeker said:
Ask the employer to advertise at the job bank and make sure it's up for at least 14 days, and another website. Print the ads as they appear. Wages indicated (should be the prevailing wage rates, could be higher but not lower). Print the ads as they appear. Keep copies of the results of the recruitment effort (ad results, who applied, etc.) and submit together with the application for LMO.
Ok thanks! so should we cancel the LMO and advertise for 2+ weeks then resend an application in?

Thanks for your help! :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amyg said:
Ok thanks! so should we cancel the LMO and advertise for 2+ weeks then resend an application in?

Thanks for your help! :)
The employer has to cancel it. And yes.