+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Initial or Extension - Inland

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
How does that work? I have to go to the US and then return to Canada? I am from a country that requires a visitor visa to enter the US and I don’t have a US visa
Then:
  • Get a US visa
  • Make sure your Canadian TRV is valid
  • Go to the US and enjoy a day or weekend trip (if you want, so you get some value out of your US visa). Or, you can simply go to the checkpoint, ask the US Customs you'd like to "flagpole" as you need to return to Canada to process a work permit. You'll get an administrative refusal (that's okay, lots of people do it)
  • Re-enter Canada and do what you need to do at the Port of Entry. Make sure you have all your docs

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
Then:
  • Get a US visa
  • Make sure your Canadian TRV is valid
  • Go to the US and enjoy a day or weekend trip (if you want, so you get some value out of your US visa). Or, you can simply go to the checkpoint, ask the US Customs you'd like to "flagpole" as you need to return to Canada to process a work permit. You'll get an administrative refusal (that's okay, lots of people do it)
  • Re-enter Canada and do what you need to do at the Port of Entry. Make sure you have all your docs
Yeah I consider that option before applying online but US visas are taking more then a year to be processed unfortunately

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Guys, I have applied for PGWP as well and it has been 2 months now without any answer. I my GCKey account it says that I have to stop working if I do not get my work permit by the end of September. So what should I do? does it mean I have to leave my job because I have a full-time job now and that date is due in 45 days.

speaker_md

May 16, 2019
Extension:
Applied - mar 14th, 2022
nothing yet
Hi guys, just to inform you as you can see above, I applied for bowp extension and I was waiting for wp so that I can go home after 3,5 years instead I received email from my lawyer with confirmation of PR after 5 months.

I don't know how and what happened but anyways great news for me. I received BC nomination, and applied for PR in March through express entry.
Good luck and wish you all the best.

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hi guys, just to inform you as you can see above, I applied for bowp extension and I was waiting for wp so that I can go home after 3,5 years instead I received email from my lawyer with confirmation of PR after 5 months.

I don't know how and what happened but anyways great news for me. I received BC nomination, and applied for PR in March through express entry.
Congratulations ! That's such a breath of fresh air in these 'waiting' times!

Reactions: speaker_md

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
Guys, I have applied for PGWP as well and it has been 2 months now without any answer. I my GCKey account it says that I have to stop working if I do not get my work permit by the end of September. So what should I do? does it mean I have to leave my job because I have a full-time job now and that date is due in 45 days.
I thought that PGWP applicants were allowed to work until they receive a decision on their application :confused:. This is what CIC states:

Can I work while I am waiting to receive my post-graduation work permit?
You can work full-time while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application if, at the time you submitted your application, you:
  • had a valid study permit,
  • had completed your program of study,
  • were eligible to work off-campus without a permit, and
  • did not work off-campus more than 20 hours a week during academic sessions.
the above does not apply to you?

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022

Congratulations on your PR! that is awsome and it is also so crazy how PR application is faster than a work permit application lol.

Reactions: speaker_md

iVictor

Dec 20, 2021
Hi everyone, any updates on your applications from January or February. I'm still waiting for an answer from IRCC since February 5