+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Initial or Extension - Inland

ljmu0324

Star Member
Jan 30, 2022
Hi everyone, any updates on your applications from January or February. I'm still waiting for an answer from IRCC since February 5
Mine is 5 March, no updates. But My friend who applied 2 weeks later than me, they got approve .

jeychie18

Nov 30, 2016
Hello, my dad applied for Work Permit inland/initial (tourist to work permit) on July 28th with upfront medical.

He got an update for medical on August 25th, and it was passed.

Would that mean anything? I mean like are they currently working on his file?
Or its just me hoping it would be processed quick. LOL

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Hi Everyone, as I posted before, our SOWP extension got approved after almost 7 months. We have received the hard copy recently and noticed at the very bottom it says "Post Graduate Work Permit" instead of "Accompany spouse with WP...". Has anyone ever experienced this mistake?

AJJP89

Sep 9, 2022
The moment you leave Canada, your status that allow you to work legally becomes invalid. So if you are currently working, don't go anywhere. If you don't have a job, you may be able to leave.
Do you know if one can leave Canada AFTER the approval notification is received but BEFORE receiving the work permit by mail? Assuming you already have a valid TRV of course.

I have very delicate family situation back in my country and I need to travel very urgently, and I've read some cases that it can take 2 weeks or more.

Kisayl123

Sep 8, 2022
Hi I risked it and went to the border (St Armand) while on implied status and got my WP approved on the spot. The officer said he is making an exception for me and definitely wont recommend me doing it in the future so I wont recommend anyone here to do it either . Just FYI.
Hi you saying flagpoling officer don’t recommend if you are on applied status..my file applied on 28 march 22
Can I go flagpoling because my online processing time is exceeded..