+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit holder, no visa and traveled outside Canada

Studentcbu

Jul 23, 2018
Hello, I have a valid work permit. I traveled to India due to family emergency and I don't have the visa. When I generate application at GC. Do I start with inside Canada or outside Canada?
outside Canada: generates application for apply work permit
inside Canada: generates application to apply for visa

Pjjack

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hey, I actually was in the same situation. I decided to apply from inside Canada because none of the other options made any sense. I’m still waiting for my PPR though. Let me know if you have any questions.

Studentcbu

Jul 23, 2018
Hey, I actually was in the same situation. I decided to apply from inside Canada because none of the other options made any sense. I’m still waiting for my PPR though. Let me know if you have any questions.
I'm also applying as inside Canada. Thanks for replying :)

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Same. I applied trv on Jan 7. And stuck out of country. Not sure how to get it expedited so I can get to my work.

Pjjack

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
I’m in the same boat as you. I sent two web forms so far and got a response couple days ago saying that it’ll be forwarded to the responsible office. Hopefully they can expedite it.

Reactions: Walle_007

Rudra@5593

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hello guys same situation, applied for TRV on March 1st, I have submitted medical and fingerprints same day as I have done both for my PR application. Since then no update, also I am not sure now I selected inside or outside Canada, but I do remember I selected current resident in India as I am in India right now for family emergency. Wishing to go back in Canada ASAP, hopefully I received soon my PR or TRV so I can fly back

Reactions: Walle_007

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Guys, I am really stressed, I email Ottawa yesterday asking to expedite my TRV as I am stuck out of the country, Pakistan,, and need to go to my work ASAP. Today I got a request letter in comic portal where: they informed me that my file is being transferred to Abu Dhabi for processing as I am in Pakistan and 2nd) asked me to submit a biometric fee and left a placeholder to submit the receipt ( EVEN thou my biometrics got collected collected last year) and is reflected in TRV application and all other application i have made. )

I am worried coz processing time for TRV for Abu Dhabi is showing 416 days and my BOWP is only valid till Feb 2020 and i need to return to my work ASAP.

Guys what should I do?

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
@Walle_007 were you able to figure out anything about biometrics?
No, I simply paid and uploaded the receipt along with a letter of explanation. Have not heard back.

I am more worried about the file being transferred to the Abu Dhabi office and the delays it might cause. As my spouse and kid have TRV and written authorization and just waiting for my Visa.