+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit from USA (ICT)

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
@Mita_2020: Did you receive your PPR? It has been nearly 40 days for some members here since biometrics and they haven't heard back yet. Getting anxious

rockermog

Jul 15, 2017
My company hired a Canadian movers "Taylor Moving & Storage ". I asked the custom lady about temporarily importing my car, she said that we don't need to and if needed just tell anyone that you are here for short term and will take car back to US. I think it depends on the person you meet but i would suggest that complete all paperwork beforehand. I typed/printed B4 forms before leaving, though ended up not showing. Over the years if i have learned anything it is "when it comes to dealing with government agencies, more paperwork is always better"

Thanks for the details. A few more details which will help who are in the process of resettling 1) For transfer of funds from US to Canada, did you setup an account with any Canadian Bank like RBC bank while you were here or just used remittance services like Transferwise? 2) Any tips/challenges in apartment hunting?

RP_07

Nov 5, 2021
@Mita_2020 @CWP_Texas : Hi, checking if you both have received any updates on your application?
It will give us an idea if the processing for the October application has started or not. Thank you!

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
@Mita_2020 @CWP_Texas : Hi, checking if you both have received any updates on your application?
It will give us an idea if the processing for the October application has started or not. Thank you!
From the tracker spreadsheet, it looks like Oct applications have not been processed. Almost all September applications are complete except for a couple. I am an Oct applicant too

Reactions: rockermog

RP_07

Nov 5, 2021
From the tracker spreadsheet, it looks like Oct applications have not been processed. Almost all September applications are complete except for a couple. I am an Oct applicant too
Yup, correct. My H1b visa is getting Max out in the next 3 days and have converted to B2. So, getting anxious about the estimated time it will take to process the same.

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
Yup, correct. My H1b visa is getting Max out in the next 3 days and have converted to B2. So, getting anxious about the estimated time it will take to process the same.
I am coming towards my H1B expiry too. Is your PERM being processed? I cant switch to B2 because of PERM

RP_07

Nov 5, 2021
I am coming towards my H1B expiry too. Is your PERM being processed? I cant switch to B2 because of PERM
No, its in Progress. But as we are doing COS before the visa max out, the PERM shouldn't be impacted as per our Visa Team.

Reactions: kng90

celix24

Oct 31, 2021
Just wondering, after getting stamped at the IRCC office, is the passport getting sent back to the VFS first before VFS sending it to us, or they are sending it directly to us?

hmt25

Oct 16, 2021
I started my B-1 visa process as well as I had only one week left before h1b expiry. My lawyers said that it will not hurt Perm and most likely they will withdraw before anyone even look at it, but it will give us time to stay. Honestly, I was not very keen but seemed like a devil and deep blue sea situation. I ended up not submitting b1, but all the paperwork was done.

Reactions: kng90 and RP_07

hmt25

Oct 16, 2021
Just wondering, after getting stamped at the IRCC office, is the passport getting sent back to the VFS first before VFS sending it to us, or they are sending it directly to us?
IRCC sends back to VFS, takes another day at LA VAC. VFS then sends same day (you get it next day)

Reactions: celix24