+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit from USA (ICT)

NJSHEN

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Guys!!! My case has been approved and I just received my passport request letter today. So my complete timeline is like this:
ICT priority processing under GSS:
Application submitted on 09/15
Biometrics Instructions letter received on 09/16
Biometrics done on 09/17
Received Passport Request Letter on 10/21

I am truly grateful for everyone in this thread who shared your timelines and updates with the rest of us. Hope you will all hear about your updates soon and your moving to Canada will go smoothly!! :)
It seems not a common situation as I know most of you who received a PPR sent your passports to VACs in United States- my lawyer actually asked me to send mine to their office located in Montreal and then they would send it from their office to Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. I feel it will actually take longer to me to get my passport back compared to directly sending it to a VAC in the US. I don't see why they intended to do it in this way but I guess they had their considerations.

CuriousVisa

Oct 13, 2021
Anyone faced this in past? Provided 3 passports for stamping, received tracking id for only 2 and even those say "No record found"

NJSHEN

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
It seems not a common situation as I know most of you who received a PPR sent your passports to VACs in United States- my lawyer actually asked me to send mine to their office located in Montreal and then they would send it from their office to Case Processing Centre in Ottawa. I feel it will actually take longer to me to get my passport back compared to directly sending it to a VAC in the US. I don't see why they intended to do it in this way but I guess they had their considerations.
I consulted with my friend who is working in Canada right now. They said since my lawyer's office is in Canada so I can be considered as "apply inside Canada" so I will receive the physical work permit along with the visa on my passport back. I don't need to worry about getting my work permit at the port of entry upon I enter. This is something I figured might be good to share just in case there are people out there who didn't know about this difference just like I didn't before :p

Reactions: rishuaj and NBD1312

rishuaj

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
there are taking toll on me as well.... Applied 27th August and waiting for approval..

losing hope day by day

Sha_21

Oct 5, 2021
Any updates guys? I have officially completed 6 weeks of waiting now. My attorneys are saying that they escalate the case to a program manager but I have no faith on IRCC/CIC responding or acting for such emails. Planning to exit the US by Nov 10.

rishuaj

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Any updates guys? I have officially completed 6 weeks of waiting now. My attorneys are saying that they escalate the case to a program manager but I have no faith on IRCC/CIC responding or acting for such emails. Planning to exit the US by Nov 10.
no update.. I have officially completed 8 weeks.. :( I also dont have any faith left.. my attorney escalated and got the response, they will check as per their workload

Delilah

Jan 29, 2021
Hello all. Please is it ok to apply for a visitor visa through the new IRCC portal to reunite with spouse in Canada while waiting for a work permit visa? Thé portal guarantees 14-30 days response while work permit is unpredictable. Please any idea if this is ok?

mrlashlah

Aug 19, 2020
Anyone faced this in past? Provided 3 passports for stamping, received tracking id for only 2 and even those say "No record found"
Sent 2 passports for stamping to LA VAC, only received Tracking ID for 1 of them. VFS customer service says that their tracking service is currently down so will call them in a little bit to find out what's going on.

Would love to know if anyone else has faced this same issue.

NBD1312

Oct 3, 2021
Finally received my passport request today..
Here s my timeline!
Submitted-Aug30 2021
Biometric-Sep 23 2021
Passport request-Oct 26 2021( it was dated yesterday)
I am thankful to each and everyone of u in this thread..Thanku fr being the support system and updating ur status which helped ppl like me a lot!!

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
Here s my timeline!
Submitted-Aug30 2021
Biometric-Sep 23 2021
I am thankful to each and everyone of u in this thread..Thanku fr being the support system and updating ur status which helped ppl like me a lot!!
Awesome. Congrats!

Reactions: NBD1312
Oct 15, 2021
Here s my timeline!
Submitted-Aug30 2021
Biometric-Sep 23 2021
Congratulations! Did you see if your background check was still processing the day before this was approved or did your lawyer do this process?