+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit from USA (ICT)

CuriousVisa

Oct 13, 2021
Thank you all for responding.

Got the Fedex labels today. Will ship out tomorrow. Onto the next phase in this waiting game.
I am confused with list of documents to be submitted. Have sent note to the lawyer too. I am guessing the documents list should remain same. Can you tell me what all you sent in the package apart from the Passport and Consent form.

prsk2008

Sep 13, 2021
Hi @prsk2008,

Quick question regarding passport stamping. I saw that you received passports back on September 28.

Have you received "been received and is under process at the IRCC Office" status email from VFS Global on September 24?

And, "the decision envelope for your application....has been dispatched from the IRCC office..." status email on September 24?

Thank you.
Hi.
Sorry for the late response.

Yes. We received these emails pretty much on the same day ! The LA office is very fast in their processing.

Tweener

Sep 26, 2021
Got update from the lawyer. The letter is dated from yesterday, so it seems the approval was received yesterday itself.
Thanks for providing the details. I checked with my lawyers today and they don’t have any new update yet :(
My biometrics was done on 13th Sep in LA. Hopefully will get the PPR soon.

rishuaj

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
my TRV applied in outside canada category as ICT. no update yet :(

Submission date - 27th Aug 2021
Biometrics - not required, it would be used from old application
PPR - awaiting

can anyone please advise? I am really worried, it is almost 8 weeks

Last edited:

NBD1312

Oct 3, 2021
my TRV applied in outside canada category as ICT. no update yet :(

Submission date - 27th Aug 2021
Biometrics - not required, it would be used from old application
PPR - awaiting

can anyone please advise? I am really worried, it is almost 8 weeks
It crossed 5 weeks rgt! So i guess u can ask ur lawyer to check with IRCC

rishuaj

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
It crossed 5 weeks rgt! So i guess u can ask ur lawyer to check with IRCC
Lawyer has raised the enquiry and got the response "cases are distributed randomly over processing centers and based on their workload it is getting cleared"

not sure what to do next.. this is really frustrating :(

Last edited:

Delilah

Jan 29, 2021
Has the review of your eligibility started? Did you apply from US?
Lawyer has raised the enquiry and got the response "cases are distributed randomly over processing centers and based on their workload it is getting cleared"

not sure what to do next.. this is really frustrating :(

Delilah

Jan 29, 2021
yes. it is applied from US as ICT. not sure about eligibility review.
Ok tell your lawyer to send reminder emails weekly and try to put a call across to see what’s holding it. Even if there are normal delays beyond the processing time, 8 weeks is unacceptable and unfair.

Reactions: rishuaj

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
Looks like the GSS category is not being considered at all. Doesn't look like anyone got it in 2 weeks. :(

@rishuaj Did you try calling IRCC?

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
Updating my status
Application submitted: Oct 4th
Biometrics: Oct 7th in NYC
PPR: Waiting
H1B expiry: Dec 1st

Oct 15, 2021
My boyfriend applied for his ICT work permit back in August. Here are his timelines (he applied from the Netherlands but cannot find a specific thread for this country):
Applied: Aug 20
Biometrics: Aug 25
Request for medical exam (since he is working in clinical research and I guess it was needed for that reason): sept 6
Medical done: sept 7
Medical submitted: sept 16 and approved sept 17
Nothing since then…
I’m worried because its been over a month for biometrics, and processing times for work permits in the Netherlands is 6 weeks, but people are getting their PPRs already from august applications. I think it doesn’t count as a completed application until his medical report was sent which was on sept 16. But has anyone heard anything this week for people who had completed applications September 16/17?
Thank you