+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit from USA (ICT)

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
@NBD1312 Were you guys able to walk in for biometrics (with a BIL of course). The appointment times are currently the biggest roadblock for me.

Amitabh Rathi

Sep 10, 2021
Got it. Looks like some people gave biometrics 3-4 days after their application submission date. Wondering how they pulled that off
The appointments are in ample in the VAC's which are only in Newyork , LA and Seattle. I gave my biometric with in a week at Los Angeles VAC. For ASC's the only option to get faster appointment is try your luck by Walk-in's.

db9

Sep 30, 2021
Got it. Looks like some people gave biometrics 3-4 days after their application submission date. Wondering how they pulled that off
My lawyers advised me to book for a biometrics appointment the day they filed the paperwork. At that time they didn't have the BIL in hand. Between the filing date (Friday) and the appointment date (Tuesday), they got the BIL and passed it on to us. That's how we managed to get a biometrics slot for the next working day (Sep 5, Monday was a public holiday).

[EDIT] @Tweener is right. We got the appointment through VFS instead of USCIS. We had to travel to a different city, but it was worth saving that wait time.

CWP_Texas

Jun 24, 2021
My lawyers advised me to book for a biometrics appointment the day they filed the paperwork. At that time they didn't have the BIL in hand. Between the filing date (Friday) and the appointment date (Tuesday), they got the BIL and passed it on to us. That's how we managed to get a biometrics slot for the next working day (Sep 5, Monday was a public holiday).

[EDIT] @Tweener is right. We got the appointment through VFS instead of USCIS. We had to travel to a different city, but it was worth saving that wait time.
I followed below route:
Applied WP : 29th Sep 2021
Received BIL:30th Sep 2021
I was not getting ASC appointment before 20th Oct 2021. And we dont have VFC center in Texas. So just walked -in to nearby ASC center.
They took biometric on same day and staus got updated as Biometric Completed : 30th Sep 2021.
Now waiting for WP approval.
I would suggest to just try to walk-in to nearby ASC center with Instruction Letter and your passport.

kng90

Oct 5, 2021
Thanks a lot everyone. I am super grateful to you all!

I did not even know that the VAC route existed. My lawyers did not mention this either. The earliest appointments in Michigan are in the Oct 25th week. With this timeline, if the WP application took the whole 6 weeks, I was in danger of missing my Dec 14th deadline (I need to leave the US by this date). The past few days were pretty stressful because of this

I will try walking in to the Detroit ASC as @CWP_Texas suggested. If that fails, I will fly to NYC or LA or wherever to get this done over the next week. This will give me a reasonable amount of time before my US visa expires.

I joined this forum about an hour back and have already got some incredibly useful information. Thank you all once again!

apy1234

Oct 6, 2021
GSS -- Intra-company transfer from US. Indian Citizen.

Application Submitted - Sep 8th
Biometrics given - Sep 10th (VFS Seattle)

My start date is November 1st.

Waiting anxiously. I hope @Amitabh Rathi gets it soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Amitabh Rathi

db9

Sep 30, 2021
Just as a reference (ICT for me and SOWP for my spouse) -

Application submitted by lawyers: Sep 03 2021
Biometrics Done: Sep 07 2021 in LA
Urgent Request Web Form Submitted on: Sep 08 2021

Waiting for PPR
Alright, good news came in today. Received PPR: October 05 2021

Any idea how long LA VAC is taking to respond to shipping labels request, processing and returning the passport?

Last edited: