+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit for spouse of convention refugee

RAHUL1997

Nov 20, 2023
Congratulations for your Spouse work permit,
Can u pls also guide me ,i am on visitor visa and my spouse on protected person status. I want to apply for work permit for me.Pls help me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations for your Spouse work permit,
Can u pls also guide me ,i am on visitor visa and my spouse on protected person status. I want to apply for work permit for me.Pls help me
Is your spouse working? When did they apply for PR? Have you been added to their applications? Did you recently get married? Do you have a history of dating in person with documentation? How long did you date? Did you have a wedding that would be culturally appropriate and did you families attend?

altdiem

Jul 26, 2023
Confirming that a spouse of a protected person may apply for open work permit. I was able to obtain my work permit after my spouse was declared a convention refugee. I already have a valid TRV for awhile now so I was able to fly in as a visitor. I then applied for OWP within Canada in January and had it by the start of April.

Thanks, @Canadian_rainbow for answering our questions. :)

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Confirming that a spouse of a protected person may apply for open work permit. I was able to obtain my work permit after my spouse was declared a convention refugee. I already have a valid TRV for awhile now so I was able to fly in as a visitor. I then applied for OWP within Canada in January and had it by the start of April.

Thanks, @Canadian_rainbow for answering our questions. :)
Congrats! I am very happy for you! I hope everything goes well for pr too:)