+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit for Refugee Claimants

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I submitted an online application for a work permit for refugee claimants. I checked the status today and it shows it was approved.

My question is, how can I print out/save the work permit itself that shows the document number and its validity? I can't find a link for a .pdf file or anything similar. is there such a thing or do I just print screen the application status page and print it out?

Jan 10, 2017
I submitted an online application for a work permit for refugee claimants. I checked the status today and it shows it was approved.

My question is, how can I print out/save the work permit itself that shows the document number and its validity? I can't find a link for a .pdf file or anything similar. is there such a thing or do I just print screen the application status page and print it out?
You'll get work permit by mail so keep checking your mailbox. I received my work permit in a week time by mail and some time it can take 2 weeks.

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Thanks for your reply. Do you think if I dropped by the IRCC office, would they be able to hand me a printed copy of it? The thing is that I kind of secured a job opportunity and was waiting for the permit. I just want to start ASAP.

Sorry to bother you with too many questions!

Jan 10, 2017
Thanks for your reply. Do you think if I dropped by the IRCC office, would they be able to hand me a printed copy of it? The thing is that I kind of secured a job opportunity and was waiting for the permit. I just want to start ASAP.

Sorry to bother you with too many questions!
My work permit was sent by IRCC in Calgary. I think you won't be able to pick work permit from IRCC as it is already issued on secure document. You have wait but I'm sure you'll get soon. Best of luck

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
In order to apply for the SIN at Service Canada, do I need to wait for the work permit to arrive by mail or can they just see in their system that it is approved?

Is the RPCD all the documents they need?

antalya

Jul 4, 2018
In order to apply for the SIN at Service Canada, do I need to wait for the work permit to arrive by mail or can they just see in their system that it is approved?

Is the RPCD all the documents they need?

You need show the WP paper, otherwise they can not give the SIN.

rikman

Oct 15, 2018
If somebody can please outline the steps or any legal representative used to claim a refugee status as I am presently in Canada - Alberta.

Jan 10, 2017

rikman

Oct 15, 2018
Thank you for suggesting 9990.
Just wanted to know on any suggestions on any lawyers in Edmonton.
My case is personal and not political and I am from India so any heads up will be appreciated.
Will the work permit gets issued irrespective of the hearing date and is personal situations all situation considered while the claims are accepted initiall ?

Jan 10, 2017
My case is personal and not political and I am from India so any heads up will be appreciated
Well, It's all depend on evidences to present to board member for example: police reports, hospital reports in case if there is injury. Your credibility is one the biggest challenge at the hearing. Accepting rates for Indians in 2018 are 41.8%.
Will the work permit gets issued irrespective of the hearing date
Work permit will be issued to 1 or 2 years validity.

rikman

Oct 15, 2018
To give a gist my mother and fathered were murdered while I was in a different city way back in 2007 and I left for UK in 2007 to return back in 2009 to look after property however i did return to a different city in India only to be followed by these goons and was attacked in 2011 twice and I have private hospital reports however due to fear I just wrote domestic fall and not attacked,while they wanted my brother to not depose and they be granted bail so I left for Dubai and ever since lived in Dubai and Macedonia however as my work permit was expiring in Macedonia I did came to Canada as the people who committed this heinous crime will be out of prision within 12 to 14 years and have not gone back to India since 2011 due to fear.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Personal circumstances are rarely grounds for approval. Please make sure you actually have grounds for asylum. If you are refused you will struggle to get visas all over the world.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To give a gist my mother and fathered were murdered while I was in a different city way back in 2007 and I left for UK in 2007 to return back in 2009 to look after property however i did return to a different city in India only to be followed by these goons and was attacked in 2011 twice and I have private hospital reports however due to fear I just wrote domestic fall and not attacked,while they wanted my brother to not depose and they be granted bail so I left for Dubai and ever since lived in Dubai and Macedonia however as my work permit was expiring in Macedonia I did came to Canada as the people who committed this heinous crime will be out of prision within 12 to 14 years and have not gone back to India since 2011 due to fear.
Given that your country actually jailed your accusers you don't really have grounds for asylum. You will be told that the justice system protects you. There also has been a very long time since the incident. Please get a consultation with an immigration attorney.

rikman

Oct 15, 2018
Canuck 78 thank you for your suggestion and I have just submitted the gist above on why I fear returning, secondly I have all records and judgement copies of my father and mothers murder trial, FIR copies and personally been attacked twice in 2011 hospital reports and have never been to India ever since.

rikman

Oct 15, 2018
The fear is after the goons come out finishing there sentence and try and get revenge as we deposed in front of court and that's where the actual challenge is and when they are in jail they can still do things and when they are out they will be more free.