+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit for accompanying family members inside canada of convention refugee?

saaded

Apr 14, 2014
Dears,
I've been searching the CIC website for a while now looking if it's possible and how to apply for an open work permit if you're the spouse of a convention refugee and your status in Canada is an international student.
My wife is an accepted convention refugee and my status is an international student, we applied for Permanent residency as we were instructed by IRB, I did my medical exam last month.
If i want to stop studying and start a full time job, what is the process to follow.
On the CIC help site it states clearly that family members of refugees are allowed to apply for a work permit.
While when I try the eligibility website to apply for a work permit I get a negative answer mainly cause I start as a student
Can someone kindly clarify this issue for me, I have met with an immigration consultant, who told me I should be entitled to apply for work permit but she could not figure out how

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Yes she can apply for open work permit under principle applicant and the fee also will be free because she/he is a member of applicant.