+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit extension..

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Hi I just wanted to ask what are the documents needed and form to be filled up when applying for the extension of work permit (same employer)?

thank you! Godbless!

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
yffAm said:
Hi I just wanted to ask what are the documents needed and form to be filled up when applying for the extension of work permit (same employer)?

thank you! Godbless!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

icycool

Apr 13, 2011
yffAm said:

thank you! Godbless!
I sent them copy of passport and every pages that had stamped on < I left canada for vacation> , new employment contract, letter from employer , copy of current work permit. I applied it online on Oct 5,2011. I just got my new work permit today :)

miseria

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
hi icycool.

i also want to apply for extension of my work permit. But my passport will also expire a month before my work permit expires. Shoud i send new contract with the application? My contract will also expire on the same year my WP expires. everything expires 2012! should i renew my passport first before applying for extension?

thanks!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miseria said:
hi icycool.

i also want to apply for extension of my work permit. But my passport will also expire a month before my work permit expires. Shoud i send new contract with the application? My contract will also expire on the same year my WP expires. everything expires 2012! should i renew my passport first before applying for extension?

thanks!
You need to apply and get your new passport because CIC usually issues based or co-terminus with passport expiry.

miseria

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
i see. well my passport expires august 2012. i could renew my passport as early as feb right?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miseria said:
i see. well my passport expires august 2012. i could renew my passport as early as feb right?
yes you can. Even right now you don't have to wait feb. Good luck

miseria

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
oh ok icycool, thanks! :)

i have another question though that u might have answers too. i just passed my OWP and PR application last oct 2011. rec, nov 4 processed nov 7. i wanted to go home to the philippines for a vacation dec 2012. my work permit would expire sept 2012 but i was thinking of extending it so i could go home. u think thats possible? coz ive heard that once application is in process u can leave canada or u might be denied entry when u get back.

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
miseria said:
oh ok icycool, thanks! :)

i have another question though that u might have answers too. i just passed my OWP and PR application last oct 2011. rec, nov 4 processed nov 7. i wanted to go home to the philippines for a vacation dec 2012. my work permit would expire sept 2012 but i was thinking of extending it so i could go home. u think thats possible? coz ive heard that once application is in process u can leave canada or u might be denied entry when u get back.
hello..can you try to call cic n this number 1 888 242 2100.. then press 1 then 2 and 7 ..ur client id and yr of birth...

miseria

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
ok thanks lyvly. ive been calling that number too. always busy but will try again. thanks alot, would anybody know how long it would take for a new work permit to come out?

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
miseria said:
ok thanks lyvly. ive been calling that number too. always busy but will try again. thanks alot, would anybody know how long it would take for a new work permit to come out?
its an automated machine ..y dont u try for now...read the live in caregiver april may june timeline..its the talk of the town.. the cic hotline 127..
nov. 2011 applicant got owp..check out yours

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
miseria said:
really? thats fast. whats with this cic hotline 127? my application update?
try calling 18882421200,press 1,then 2 then 7 enter ur client id and birth year... pls let me know wat u heared....a lot of us have the same case but we are not sure yet if this is real or not...i applied last aug and the hotline said they hv issued me WP two days ago...we dont know wats goin on but you can try yours too/... ;)