+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit Extension

navidhillon

Nov 13, 2020
It will count.
I don’t know when you can apply becauseI don’t see under what program you are applying. If it is just CEC you need 1 year of experience in Canada under NOC 0, A or B.
This can be multiple jobs. You need 1 year in total.
If that is PNP-I have no idea which one you want to apply for.
it will be in federal express entry not sure which of the 3 categories , and am working in a restaurant as food counter attendant (noc c) now until i get my work permit extension approved with new lmia( supervisor) ( lmia has been approved but waiting for work permit extension) , so that means this experience as food counter during implied status will count in that 1 year of req experience in express entry?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
it will be in federal express entry not sure which of the 3 categories , and am working in a restaurant as food counter attendant (noc c) now until i get my work permit extension approved with new lmia( supervisor) ( lmia has been approved but waiting for work permit extension) , so that means this experience as food counter during implied status will count in that 1 year of req experience in express entry?
NOC C is not eligible for Express Entry. Although, once you have 1 year of work experience as a supervisor I assume you will be under NOC B or A and you will be able to apply under Canadian Experience Class in Express Entry.

You can also look into PNP programs especially in the province you are working. Maybe you can apply even with 1 year experience under NOC C. It depends on PNP-they are all different.

navidhillon

Nov 13, 2020
NOC C is not eligible for Express Entry. Although, once you have 1 year of work experience as a supervisor I assume you will be under NOC B or A and you will be able to apply under Canadian Experience Class in Express Entry.

You can also look into PNP programs especially in the province you are working. Maybe you can apply even with 1 year experience under NOC C. It depends on PNP-they are all different.
thanks for your help

StarA

Star Member
Oct 7, 2020
No problem. I got so much help from immigration forums so I am glad to contribute what I know for others now.
Your are doing great work helping others even agents who are working as a representative doesn't provide adequate information.

Reactions: upon