+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit extension

Pal_jen

Nov 21, 2011
hey guys, my work permit will expire in two months, I'm protected person. I am asking how i could extend it. May i do the same process that I did when i get my first work permit.

Also during to filling my work application they asked me if i did my medical test in 12 months, Do i require to do another medical test for extension.

Please if anyone know which application i should fill for extension.

Thank you

Halo14

Aug 19, 2017
hey guys, my work permit will expire in two months, I'm protected person. I am asking how i could extend it. May i do the same process that I did when i get my first work permit.

Also during to filling my work application they asked me if i did my medical test in 12 months, Do i require to do another medical test for extension.

Please if anyone know which application i should fill for extension.

Thank you
For Refugee claimant no need to do medical test again just click yes I have and uploaded the current you have then uploaded all documents and just send

Can$$$$

Jul 7, 2018
as long as you have status, I believe until you get your PR . I still waiting for my PR ( is in process) hopefully at the end of 2018 .
Kk I was confuse because I read somewhere that a work permit has 4 years limit and after that period the holder must leave Canada

May 27, 2018
my first work permit was for 1 year.
my second work permit is for 2 years.

i’m refugees in process to become in a permanent residente (PR) .

which status do you have?

Can$$$$

Jul 7, 2018
my first work permit was for 1 year.
my second work permit is for 2 years.

i’m refugees in process to become in a permanent residente (PR) .

which status do you have?
I have just been issued a 2year work permit and am still to enter Canada so wanted to be sure before leaving my present employment for the adventure. I was thinking I could extend the work permit as many times as possible even if I don't apply for asylum

May 27, 2018
not sure if you can apply for refugee after 2 years.

I think after 2 years you’re allow to apply for Permanent Residence... but not sure

Can$$$$

Jul 7, 2018
Am not saying i will want to apply for asylum after 2 years. I don't want to apply for asylum because I might be denied and force to leave the country. My worry is that can i continue to renew my work permit while in Canada?and for how long?how long can a person continue to stay in Canada under a work permit?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Am not saying i will want to apply for asylum after 2 years. I don't want to apply for asylum because I might be denied and force to leave the country. My worry is that can i continue to renew my work permit while in Canada?and for how long?how long can a person continue to stay in Canada under a work permit?
Have you been hired as a temporary foreign worker. These posts are about work permit for refugees. Very different things.