+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension

s12345

Mar 22, 2015
Hi,
I am SINP inland applicant. I applied Federal last year and also done medicals. Means I am waiting for decision made and ppr.
My work permit will be expired soon upcoming February.
How can I extend my work permit? Am i eligible for bridging open work permit by myself? or my employer have to pay compliance fees and then I can apply for extension ?
Thanks.

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
s12345 said:
Hi,
I am SINP inland applicant. I applied Federal last year and also done medicals. Means I am waiting for decision made and ppr.
My work permit will be expired soon upcoming February.
How can I extend my work permit? Am i eligible for bridging open work permit by myself? or my employer have to pay compliance fees and then I can apply for extension ?
Thanks.
from CIC about BOWP:
Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of receipt - Application for permanent residence letter with their open work permit application.

Note: Foreign nationals in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are eligible for a BOWP only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

at this question
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

You have to answer here with " Yes "
and it means that they have found your application complete
and that you have got your AOR

and in the case that you are not eligible:
closed WP based on R204(c) exemption with a support letter from your province
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
You need a filed number to get open work permit if you applied through Federal .You should be able to get it