+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT EXTENSION

mayub

Oct 19, 2016
Hi,

I need advice regarding my work permit extension.

I got my OINP under Masters Stream in july 2016. I applied for permanent residence under paper based non-express entry process in august 2016. It's been two months now and i didn't get my Acknowledgement Of Receipt OR File Number for PR. I Don't know exactly how much time it takes to get the file number.

My work permit expires in the first week of December 2016. So i have 40 days left on my work permit status. i have to extend my work permit but i don't know if i can apply for bridge open work permit without the file number.

So can i apply for work permit extension without my file number.? i just have the confirmation from Canada post stating that my PR application is being delivered.

Please help me out as i have few days left out. Thanks.

DeeBeeDee

Sep 29, 2016
It usually takes 2-3 months to get AOR. It's probably on its way so you can wait for 10 more days. If still nothing on first week of Nov, then go ahead and apply for the BOWP without a file number, later you can send in as an additional supporting doc after you received the AOR. The way of doing that is to call CIC and make sure the agent you speak to log in to you account (provide your UCI + answer security questions), he/she can add a note and send you a link to upload the AOR.
I know there's some system glitch when you apply for BOWP online, like no requirement for $100 OWP holder fee for example. So maybe apply on paper and make sure you paid both $155 application fees and $100 OWP holder fee.

I applied last week but realized I forgot to attach AOR. That's how I did to fix. Hope that helps.

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
See a lawyer .You have time and let them.help..I am in the same situation like you .You can get a close workmpermit if your employers pay a compliance fee and or bridge work.permit .BUT SEEK LAWYERS ADVISE

jmathew

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-11-2016
Nomination.....
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
1st Oct 2017
Med's Done....
5th Oct 2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
LANDED..........
Inland Application
Hi Mayub,
These days it will take more than 110 days to get AOR, so it’s not a good idea to wait till to get AOR to apply for bridge permit. I assume that you are on your PGWP. So If you have a full time job (NOC 0,A,B) then you might be eligible to apply for an extension to your PGWP for one more year. When you apply for extension you have to include a cover letter explaining your situation and in that cover letter you should mention about your PNP, full time job, Fee receipts for PR application with supporting documents. All the best. 

mayub

Oct 19, 2016
Hi,

I currently don't have a job offer. So employer based work permit is not an option for me. What do i do in this case.? My work permit expires in the 1st week of december. i applied August 19th for PNP-PR so by november 19th it would be 3 months.

Can i wait until the last week of November and then if unfortunately the AOR doesn't come, i apply online for BOWP without AOR and then if it comes in 1 or 2 weeks i attach it to my application.? Can i do that.?

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Don't apply without AOr they will reject you .They did with me twice .See a lawyer

mayub

Oct 19, 2016
Hi

Any suggestions for a good law firm or a lawyer guys? I live in Toronto Ontario.

Thanks

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Does anyone know how to send the 'Open Work Permit Holder Fee' payment receipt, after the application was already submitted? (we are supposed to attach it before submitting the application, but forgot to do it...)