+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension timeline

Ush2132

Oct 9, 2020
Hi Guys, I'm a protected person and I applied for work permit extension a few days ago. It is mentioned in the website of IRCC that it takes about 176 days for work permit extensions! Is that true? and how long did it take for you guys to receive yours?
Because If we are not able to work, then what should we do?! I'm very nervous about this

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
If you applied to extend your work permit before it expired, you are generally allowed to continue working while your application is processed, even after your current permit expires.

Reactions: Ush2132

Eamaye

Oct 18, 2020
Hi Guys, I'm a protected person and I applied for work permit extension a few days ago. It is mentioned in the website of IRCC that it takes about 176 days for work permit extensions! Is that true? and how long did it take for you guys to receive yours?
Because If we are not able to work, then what should we do?! I'm very nervous about this
Hi, did you apply on the cic website? For some reason I don't see the link to renew work permit on the application page. It just shows Apply to come to Canada

Reactions: Saba321

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Hi, did you apply on the cic website? For some reason I don't see the link to renew work permit on the application page. It just shows Apply to come to Canada
You have to click on that one .. from there you will select upcoming options and then it will take you to main application form page