+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit extension- online vs paper application

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hello,

My partner's work permit will expire in 5 months. We were told we need to renew it a few months before it expires. On IRCC website, it says that paper application is taking 17 days, whereas online is 134 days! Anyone renewed their work permit recently, and if so, how did you send it? It seems odd that online is taking way more longer than paper.

Appreciate the help!!

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hello,

My partner's work permit will expire in 5 months. We were told we need to renew it a few months before it expires. On IRCC website, it says that paper application is taking 17 days, whereas online is 134 days! Anyone renewed their work permit recently, and if so, how did you send it? It seems odd that online is taking way more longer than paper.

Appreciate the help!!
I have been waiting for new work permit from april.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Hello,

Appreciate the help!!
I applied online on September 27th and I got my work permint in my mail on October 23th. Also my application was made online, so I guess this things are faster… I hope so

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I applied online on September 27th and I got my work permint in my mail on October 23th. Also my application was made online, so I guess this things are faster… I hope so
from where we need to apply online. any link please. mine work permit is going to expire in 2 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Appreciate the help!!
There is no need to apply multiple months before expiry. Would not leave it to the day before in case you run into issues but as long as you apply before your other WP expires you are fine. Apply online not paper.

Reactions: NewinKit

beekaydue

Dec 13, 2022
Hello there! Anyone can post a link and steps. I really tried to get it done but it keeps going to open work permit.there was no category for protected persons

Me348

Jul 29, 2022
Hello,

Appreciate the help!!
I done my renewal it takes 3 months .but my spouse who is the primary one still waiting no news so far.he applied on Aug before me .

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Hello,

Appreciate the help!!
I sent in my application online and got approved within 5 weeks. New WP on its way to my address now

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
I done my renewal it takes 3 months .but my spouse who is the primary one still waiting no news so far.he applied on Aug before me .
Thats so weird! I applied last month and heard back in 4-5 weeks and now they sent an email that the work permit will be mailed to you in 2-3 days