+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension (Oct, Nov or Dec, 2015) online or paper base applicants

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
luckychamp said:
Lastest update....as of Feb 22

Work permit extension (same employer)

These applications can be submitted online or by paper.

131 days ?

Working on applications received on October 10, 2015.

I guess paper based moved to November 10,
100 days
I would advice new applicants choose paper based it is moving faster

Paper

111 days ?

Working on applications received on October 30, 2015.

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
YAHOOOOO !

Got my BOWP extension today 8) 8) 8)

same employer

paper based applied on Nov 2....application received Nov 5 2015

Permit issued on Feb 19 for one year validity till 02/17

received in mail today March 1, 2016

Thanks....happy moments....

Good Luck to you all!

hemurk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys - Need an assistance on applying a Temporary Resident Visa.

Here's the case - I have received an AOR and my EE application is being processed.. while applying for Temporary Resident Visa (Work permit renewal), I have to fill-in a questionnaire on 'Check your eligibility' tool. I'm confused about selecting 'YES/NO' for the below question -

I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

Does anyone have any idea about this?

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
hemurk said:
Guys - Need an assistance on applying a Temporary Resident Visa.

Here's the case - I have received an AOR and my EE application is being processed.. while applying for Temporary Resident Visa (Work permit renewal), I have to fill-in a questionnaire on 'Check your eligibility' tool. I'm confused about selecting 'YES/NO' for the below question -

I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).

Does anyone have any idea about this?
This question is basically for spouse....

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:

Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

Actually I am also going to apply TRV with my spouse but bit confused because I got AOR for my PR in last DEC with my spouse so I think I should ask the agent to advice me on this....or anyone want to share his/her experience please reply thanks

akash06f

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Hello Everyone I hope My post and query get some solution to it as i am highly worried.

I applied for a post grad work permit on Oct 1 2015 so i was waiting to get it in mid of Feb because of long processing time.

i waited earlier as the processing time was showing that they were processing on file that were submitted on Sept 20th. But just yesterday i saw they

updated the website and now it shows they are processing Oct 10 2015 and i was disappointing to see why they haven't sent me any notification for

approval or any document missing they haven't sent anything to me as i am eagerly waiting for my permit because my employer needs it. so today i

called CIC and the agents said they are still processing my file and they don't know how much more time it will take the only they could do is

forwarding my request to office and then people in office will check this is so much frustrating i am sitting with no job from 2 month just because of

my work permit and when i asked them how much more time you guys are going to take i just hear we have no idea. If any of you guys faced any

situation like this please help me out here m in really a lot of trouble here just because of these CIC morons.

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
akash06f said:
Hello Everyone I hope My post and query get some solution to it as i am highly worried.

I applied for a post grad work permit on Oct 1 2015 so i was waiting to get it in mid of Feb because of long processing time.

i waited earlier as the processing time was showing that they were processing on file that were submitted on Sept 20th. But just yesterday i saw they

updated the website and now it shows they are processing Oct 10 2015 and i was disappointing to see why they haven't sent me any notification for

approval or any document missing they haven't sent anything to me as i am eagerly waiting for my permit because my employer needs it. so today i

called CIC and the agents said they are still processing my file and they don't know how much more time it will take the only they could do is

forwarding my request to office and then people in office will check this is so much frustrating i am sitting with no job from 2 month just because of

my work permit and when i asked them how much more time you guys are going to take i just hear we have no idea. If any of you guys faced any

situation like this please help me out here m in really a lot of trouble here just because of these CIC morons.
I am sorry to hear all this....but hopefully you will get the same because what I think you have to wait till the decision come....Good Luck!

But as per my knowledge you can legally work on implied status till the decision will come .....please visit service ontario if your are from Ontario....I know people have mentioned in other groups / threads / discussion forum that they have confirmed from service ontario by in person visit they can drive and work if they have valid license and their permit is in process.

Good Luck!

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
akash06f said:

we were in the same situation applied September 7 and they passed that date for some 3 weeks and is just yesterday we got approved in our account. Just hang on and do not put a timeline on waiting. It could be tomorrow it could be next month. Just so you know.

akash06f

Star Member
May 23, 2013
So is it Like they just pick files randomly from any date and just process it and posting advance processing dates online just to show that they are actively working. Total bullshit.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
akash06f said:
So is it Like they just pick files randomly from any date and just process it and posting advance processing dates online just to show that they are actively working. Total bullshit.
Akash you are not alone. I have also applied for work permit on the 5th of October. If you are in an urgent need of a work permit I suggest you scramble your MP he will get your application pushed a little and hopefully you get your work permit soon.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
akash06f said:
Akash got my work permit just now. Contact your local MP right away. Not sure if it is because of him or something else. I yesterday approached the MP of my locality as well as called CIC to help escalate as my waiting time has passed as per the online timeline maintained by CIC.

Tiffany_7

Jan 11, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm applying for work permit extension after my PGWP that will be expired in July. I submitted a proof of employment which has my type of position, hourly salary, date my employment start (was in 2013) and states I'm currently employed.

I'm question is: is this proof of employment good enough, or I have to send a "letter of employment offer"? I don't need LMIA

Thank you for your help

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
akash06f said:

My situation was similar except that I applied online. They kept it for 6 months and then gave me just a 1 month permit. All you can do is keep calling as different agents give different answers. Someone here also went to MP's office and they made an enquiry to find out what's going on. You can try that too.

akash06f

Star Member
May 23, 2013
@parvisingh Congrats When did u applied though and Really do you think MP makes any difference ? I am not sure i dont know

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
akash06f said:
@parvisingh Congrats When did u applied though and Really do you think MP makes any difference ? I am not sure i dont know

Give it a shot. I have seen a lot of people here who approached there MP and it works for them. I am not sure what worked for me. You may give it a try put in your postal code and contact your MP. Call CIC too if you haven't. Get in the queue by 1 (888) 242-2100 ---> then choose 3 2 0
http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
Tiffany_7 said:
Hi guys,

I'm applying for work permit extension after my PGWP that will be expired in July. I submitted a proof of employment which has my type of position, hourly salary, date my employment start (was in 2013) and states I'm currently employed.

I'm question is: is this proof of employment good enough, or I have to send a "letter of employment offer"? I don't need LMIA

Thank you for your help
I believe proof of employment is good enough in your scenario