+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Extension (Oct, Nov or Dec, 2015) online or paper base applicants

sanyaqaisar

Oct 20, 2015
Guys this blog teally helped me. Anyway bad news is mine work permit has rejected :(( but i have few other options to come back for direct immigration. but before I want to know one thing... do i have to notify CIC that i am leaving Canada....

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
marjana.ukr said:
Lol to me it seems like whatever they do is just totally random...
Their process is unpredictable .... :'(

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
sanyaqaisar said:
Guys this blog teally helped me. Anyway bad news is mine work permit has rejected :(( but i have few other options to come back for direct immigration. but before I want to know one thing... do i have to notify CIC that i am leaving Canada....
oh ! Thats Sad my friend :( what happen in your case....can you please share your case

sanyaqaisar

Oct 20, 2015
luckychamp said:
oh ! Thats Sad my friend :( what happen in your case....can you please share your case
WellChamp i was in canada when i applied for PGwp and my old PGWp was expiring may 9 so i have applied extension in march 31. and in july 24 they sent me letter thats i have to reapply with new fee schedule but I recieved this letter in 1st week of august which is almost after 90 days i had my wedding back home so i was busy in that and also i misunderstood the letter, I thought i had to apply 90 days after i recieve this letter.. Anyways when i realized they told me about my status it was bit late so I paid 300$ additional fee as restoration and pgwp extension. and finally in oct 8 i have applied and the refused me day before yesterday.

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
sanyaqaisar said:
WellChamp i was in canada when i applied for PGwp and my old PGWp was expiring may 9 so i have applied extension in march 31. and in july 24 they sent me letter thats i have to reapply with new fee schedule but I recieved this letter in 1st week of august which is almost after 90 days i had my wedding back home so i was busy in that and also i misunderstood the letter, I thought i had to apply 90 days after i recieve this letter.. Anyways when i realized they told me about my status it was bit late so I paid 300$ additional fee as restoration and pgwp extension. and finally in oct 8 i have applied and the refused me day before yesterday.
Thats sad....Is your immigration in process?

Well...I also went back home last july for wedding but my PNP was in process however my PGWP has expired in first week of Jan 2016....However they issued me for only two years two months bc of my passport validity.....well I renewed my passport but then I had two options either I can apply extension on my remaining 10 month PGWP or Bridge extension on the basis of my nomination certificate.....so I opted the second option and applied on Nov 2 .... more than two months before my PGWP expiry now currently I am on implied status hopefully with in next couple weeks will get the extension IA...

Ekin

Feb 17, 2016
WP Extension, LMIA exempt, Same Employer
submitted Oct. 5 (online)
Still waiting
(this WP is bundled with OWP extension for my wife)

The things happening in CIC are daunting. When I submitted this, the estimated processing times were 118 days, now it is 144
I am checking update on estimated time every week for couple of weeks now and it seems that they are adding ~4 days to estimated time every week and doing approx 5 days of applications every week. In this rate, I will recieve my extension next year.

Also slowdown seems to be happening from beginning of this year. Does anybody know if there were any changes in CIC that cause this?

This caused a lot of grief for me. I am on implied status from mid January and my work requires me to travel to USA a lot. I already missed two business trips because of this and will probably miss more. The worst thing is that My employer can't even plan these trips for me if I don't know the status or timing. I am not even mentioning ohip suspension and stuff like that.

The simple fact that this is approaching 1/2 year processing time is ridiculous. I am seriously considering applying for an extension week after I receive this one.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Ekin said:
Still waiting

The things happening in CIC are daunting. When I submitted this, the estimated processing times were 118 days, now it is 144
I am checking update on estimated time every week for couple of weeks now and it seems that they are adding ~4 days to estimated time every week and doing approx 5 days of applications every week. In this rate, I will recieve my extension next year.

Also slowdown seems to be happening from beginning of this year. Does anybody know if there were any changes in CIC that cause this?

This caused a lot of grief for me. I am on implied status from mid January and my work requires me to travel to USA a lot. I already missed two business trips because of this and will probably miss more. The worst thing is that My employer can't even plan these trips for me if I don't know the status or timing. I am not even mentioning ohip suspension and stuff like that.

The simple fact that this is approaching 1/2 year processing time is ridiculous. I am seriously considering applying for an extension week after I receive this one.
This has not been happening from the beginning of this year. This has been already happening when I applied in September. I know exactly what you mean. I asked for extension till March 31. I still have not received anything and it's been half a year. I also thought that it might be the case that by the time my extension comes - I won't have any time left on it. THEY DO NOT GIVE A REASON WHY!!! To reassure you a bit - 2 weeks ago they told me on a phone that my extension has been approved and they gave me a 2 year extension, even though I asked for only 4 months. I assume that when the processing times are so long and they see that by the time you get your extension - you would barely have any time on it left - they give you a longer extension right away. Just to let you breathe. I can't guarantee that this is what they'll do to you - but seems like they did it to me. Anyway regardless of what they said - I am still waiting, I do not have my extension. I can't apply for medical, can't extend my driver's license, can't file an application for PR. They just increase processing times and give very superficial answers.

sanyaqaisar

Oct 20, 2015
luckychamp said:
Thats sad....Is your immigration in process?

Well...I also went back home last july for wedding but my PNP was in process however my PGWP has expired in first week of Jan 2016....However they issued me for only two years two months bc of my passport validity.....well I renewed my passport but then I had two options either I can apply extension on my remaining 10 month PGWP or Bridge extension on the basis of my nomination certificate.....so I opted the second option and applied on Nov 2 .... more than two months before my PGWP expiry now currently I am on implied status hopefully with in next couple weeks will get the extension IA...
well no, I have nt applied yet coz my working time didnt complete ... i mean cudnt complete my enough working hours in order to apply for PR. I am still looking for few ways to get back to my track... If you have some for me please do advise.
and good luck for ypur bridge

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
sanyaqaisar said:
well no, I have nt applied yet coz my working time didnt complete ... i mean cudnt complete my enough working hours in order to apply for PR. I am still looking for few ways to get back to my track... If you have some for me please do advise.
and good luck for ypur bridge
Thanks

I think you should get expert's opinion in your case......and get back on track ....Good Luck!

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
Ekin said:
Still waiting

Their process is pathetic no doubt :eek:

samahkhaled

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Hello Everyone
I applied for BOWP under AOR from my CEC program , my children have student visa and it will expire at 17th March , I am expecting my extension at April , What should I do for them ? Restoring their visas or applying for their student extension ? My work permit will expire in March and i will be in implied status , But what about them , I really don't know how to do

Ekin

Feb 17, 2016
Ekin said:
Still waiting
So speak of the devil. I just checked my online profile again and the application is said to be "updated". When I click on the details it says "closed" and Final Decision: Approved.

Seems like it is going to be ok. I am just not sure what are the next steps. Do I wait for them to send me the message, or will they send me a letter or something? I never did an extension so I don't know what are the next steps.Can someone advice? Do you know how long it takes them to normally deliver this? I have possible business trip planned for march 1st, but I don't know if it will be finished till then.

marjana.ukr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
I called CIC again today. This time they said that my work permit was mailed out to me on January 17 and if I haven't received it then it's lost. But in order to consider it lost and make a new one we have to wait for 6 weeks from the date they mailed it the first time. Then I asked "why is my case still open and says the decision is not made if you're saying that it has been mailed out to me". That confused the agent and he went somewhere to check it again. When he came back he said that the info he gave me was wrong. My work permit has not been mailed out to me. It has been transferred to where they print it but for SOME REASON it has not been printed. Even though it should've been printed by now. He said I should wait as the note on my application has been sent by one of the agents. He said if I don't receive it by March 7, then call them again. On March 4 it will have been 6 MONTHS since I applied.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
marjana.ukr said:
I called CIC again today. This time they said that my work permit was mailed out to me on January 17 and if I haven't received it then it's lost. But in order to consider it lost and make a new one we have to wait for 6 weeks from the date they mailed it the first time. Then I asked "why is my case still open and says the decision is not made if you're saying that it has been mailed out to me". That confused the agent and he went somewhere to check it again. When he came back he said that the info he gave me was wrong. My work permit has not been mailed out to me. It has been transferred to where they print it but for SOME REASON it has not been printed. Even though it should've been printed by now. He said I should wait as the note on my application has been sent by one of the agents. He said if I don't receive it by March 7, then call them again. On March 4 it will have been 6 MONTHS since I applied.
Wow, this is such poor service, it goes to show that they will tell you anything for you to get off the phone when you call, if you are not smart to question them. We applied September 7, still nothing either and we contacted MP and still waiting so I do not know how much of help they are, because it seems they still have to wait just like us. Just a wait and see game for all of us.

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
samahkhaled said:
Hello Everyone
I applied for BOWP under AOR from my CEC program , my children have student visa and it will expire at 17th March , I am expecting my extension at April , What should I do for them ? Restoring their visas or applying for their student extension ? My work permit will expire in March and i will be in implied status , But what about them , I really don't know how to do
Student visa is just a piece of travelling paper..... they are legal as long as their study permit is valid if not .... and they are done with school then they should apply for PGWP else they are good no worries....and you just need to wait on implied status for your extension.