WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013 (received 27-05-2013)
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
HI,
I applied for my work permit extension today through the online method as my current work permit expires on 14th of october 2012.
I have a pnp supporting letter and a job letter .
While uploading documents i uploaded the pnp support letter but i forgot uploading the pnp certificate as i saw only one pnp-file could be uploaded.(i could have joined the two document scans and uploaded)..

i was wondering what should i do in this case , i cannot upload the pnp certificate on my online file now as its submitted now.
Do you think the cic officer will consider the pnp support letter enough to issue a work permit.

Should i withdraw and apply a new application or wait for cic officer to request for the missing document if he needs it ?

Withdrawal also take 3 or 4 days to happen upon request plus i will lose 300 dollars.(applied for my spouse's work permit as well) .. and im not sure if cic officer will end up requesting the file or just refuse the application after 6-7 weeks of wait. It really wouldnt be feasible for me to apply second time for work permit upon refusal as i would be approaching my work permit expiry date by then.

Need advice on next action plan..thanks

OldMiltonian

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
Nomination.....
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2012
LANDED..........
31-07-2012
They will ask for additional docs if they need them so hang in there

sb477sb477

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
Nomination.....
10-11-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
10-02-2012 (to CPP-O)
Med's Request
10-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012 (ECAS updated to Med received on 05-03-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Good question. I did the opposite, I just uploaded the certificate and not the letter.

I feel that it will be fine, as the PNP letter is more important, and purposefully contains all the information on the certificate, so I wouldn't worry too much as I don't think both are necessary.

I had definitely made a mistake, and so I called up the call center and cancelled my online application. They were very helpful, and told me it was cancelled, and that I could immediately reapply. They sent me a cheque for my initial application about 2 months after I cancelled it, so I didn't lose the money, but I took a while. I then had to pay again for my new application.

My second application went right through, and I was issued a permit for two years.

You can also call the call centre and ask one of the agents what they would suggest, and ask if they think that the certificate is needed in addition to the PNP letter (my instinct is that it is not).

tank-boy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2011
AOR Received.
20-07-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2011
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013 (received 27-05-2013)
LANDED..........
29-05-2013
Thanks for the your response guys.I earlier had a talk with CIC helpline people.And she said upon confirming wiht her resource person that i wouldnt need to upload the pnp certificate as the support letter contains the nomination number and clearly states i was nominated.Still She says we will contact you if we need anything else.I hope they issue the permits soon 2 months is a long time.

mcsvizag

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tank-boy said:
HI,
I applied for my work permit extension today through the online method as my current work permit expires on 14th of october 2012.
While uploading documents i uploaded the pnp support letter but i forgot uploading the pnp certificate as i saw only one pnp-file could be uploaded.(i could have joined the two document scans and uploaded)..

i was wondering what should i do in this case , i cannot upload the pnp certificate on my online file now as its submitted now.
Do you think the cic officer will consider the pnp support letter enough to issue a work permit.

Should i withdraw and apply a new application or wait for cic officer to request for the missing document if he needs it ?

Withdrawal also take 3 or 4 days to happen upon request plus i will lose 300 dollars.(applied for my spouse's work permit as well) .. and im not sure if cic officer will end up requesting the file or just refuse the application after 6-7 weeks of wait. It really wouldnt be feasible for me to apply second time for work permit upon refusal as i would be approaching my work permit expiry date by then.

Hi Tank boy,
Have you got your work permit renewal, can you tell time line, it will help us,
there is anywhere mention about how long before expiry we can apply, is it ok to apply for too early..
i m going to do in next month..
Thank you in advance,

Regards
mcsvizag

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
Hi guys,

I have an urgent question.

Where can I upload my PNP letter online? all I can see as they only ask me for my passport? I am not sure if there is any other hidden buttons somewhere on the online application that I can upload other doc. the website said my applying for the temporary resident visa but the fee i chose to pay was for the work permit. they didnt even ask me about my work details through out the whole online application....

am I on the wrong application?? how can I fill out the application online that is for a WORK PERMIT??

Thanks for your help guys.!

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laikayung said:
Hi guys,

I have an urgent question.

Where can I upload my PNP letter online? all I can see as they only ask me for my passport? I am not sure if there is any other hidden buttons somewhere on the online application that I can upload other doc. the website said my applying for the temporary resident visa but the fee i chose to pay was for the work permit. they didnt even ask me about my work details through out the whole online application....

am I on the wrong application?? how can I fill out the application online that is for a WORK PERMIT??

Thanks for your help guys.!
First of all after login to the MyCIC
You went to extend your work permit
If this is right they definitely ask you for 3 things
1. Your passport scanned
2. LMO or Provincial nomination
3. Job offer from your provincial employer

If not, you may be on wrong spot

thanks

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
HI,

Hi there. I was wondering how did you upload any additional document, after submitting your application? I also forgot to upload a required document... but in my case, it's the receipt.

hnamson

Sep 17, 2019
Does anyone know the best way to upload a document for continuation of your employment history when applying for Visitor Record online. Should I add it to client info?