+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Expiring 30 December

Jan 20, 2020
Hello All, my Pgwp is expiring on 30 December 2021 , I am eligible for CEC and FSW and my points are over 500. What should I do if they don't release a draw before my expiration of work permit?

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Hi, my permit is expiring in 21st Dec. I'm also in the same boat and my points are 480+. Worried a lot.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All, my Pgwp is expiring on 30 December 2021 , I am eligible for CEC and FSW and my points are over 500. What should I do if they don't release a draw before my expiration of work permit?
If you want to remain in Canada, then apply to change your status to visitor before your PGWP expires and then you can remain in Canada as a visitor (without working).

EdithF86

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Same but end of Feb. This current situation is crazy and so bad for all of us living and working in Canada, who will now have to leave the country. I can’t believe this isn’t being talked about more often.

PS: We should start a group here or on Whatsapp or something.

Jan 20, 2020
Same but end of Feb. This current situation is crazy and so bad for all of us living and working in Canada, who will now have to leave the country. I can’t believe this isn’t being talked about more often.

PS: We should start a group here or on Whatsapp or something.
That's so true, there are plenty of people whose pgwp will expire this month. But yours being expiring in Feb has a good chance that their will be cec draws in between.

EdithF86

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
That's so true, there are plenty of people whose pgwp will expire this month. But yours being expiring in Feb has a good chance that their will be cec draws in between.
Maybe, hard to predict if they are ever planning to do something about this mess. But my points are pretty low, only 449.

Dutch123456

Jan 3, 2022
What did you end up doing? Did you apply for visitor visa? Or did you leave Canada? my work permit is expiring end of January 2022

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
What option you guys opted for while your PGWP is expiring?
Applied for BOWP (now in maintained status) assuming draws might happen soon so that we can attach AOR later (before the application gets processed) based on an imm lawyer's advise.

Reactions: vir03

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
Applied for BOWP (now in maintained status) assuming draws might happen soon so that we can attach AOR later (before the application gets processed) based on an imm lawyer's advise.
That seems like a probable option. I hope you get your ITA soon and attach your AOR before your BOWP decision is made. The Minister has been in a hot seat about the current situation and I am hopeful that some positive actions will be taken soon. Fingers are crossed for a restoration/extension of expired/expiring PGWPs and the resumption of CEC draws.

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
That seems like a probable option. I hope you get your ITA soon and attach your AOR before your BOWP decision is made. The Minister has been in a hot seat about the current situation and I am hopeful that some positive actions will be taken soon. Fingers are crossed for a restoration/extension of expired/expiring PGWPs and the resumption of CEC draws.
Has anyone in the same boat like I did?? If so please share the update. I've seen many doing this BOWP thingy. But just post here so that we can keep track if someone gets any updates regarding their application.