+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT: employment history past 10 years

reginaphilange

Feb 27, 2012
On the IMM1295 it asks for employment history for the past 10 years, and if CURRENTLY studying, unemployed etc, to write that in. (AS PER GUIDE 5487)

But is it asking for all PREVIOUS..., unemployment, periods of studies, etc too (over the past 10 yrs)??

Maybe i'm missing the point here?? LOL :-\

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reginaphilange said:
But is it asking for all PREVIOUS..., unemployment, periods of studies, etc too (over the past 10 yrs)??

Maybe i'm missing the point here?? LOL :-\
YES. Read the instruction guide carefully.

reginaphilange

Feb 27, 2012
Hi.Thanks

Ive read it very carefully, but its still confusing, it says **If you do not work, describe what you are currently doing (retired, not working, going to school, etc.)** But this is only on the CURRENT section?

Entering highest level of education states : **If you checked ‘‘Yes’’, provide full details of your highest level of post secondary education:**

does it count if your highest level (post secondary) is one your currently studying?

jin114

Mar 16, 2012
Adding common-law partner

Last year january 2011I have sent my application fo quebec skill worker. I applied for me and my two years son excluding his mother because we were not living together. Now me and my mother's son are living together and share bank account since July 2011. how can i add her to my immigration application? As we are not married yet, is it possible?
Thank you

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reginaphilange said:
Hi.Thanks

Ive read it very carefully, but its still confusing, it says **If you do not work, describe what you are currently doing (retired, not working, going to school, etc.)** But this is only on the CURRENT section?

Entering highest level of education states : **If you checked ‘‘Yes'', provide full details of your highest level of post secondary education:**

does it count if your highest level (post secondary) is one your currently studying?
For the work, you list what you have been doing for the last 10 years, whether working, unemployed, studying, etc. If there is not enough room, add an extra page. No, it's not just for the current section. If you were unemployed for 6 months in 2007, you enter that too.

For education, it's the highest credential OBTAINED. Not the one you are currently studying.

reginaphilange

Feb 27, 2012
just 2 more questions if thats ok

1. On the family information form, IMM5645 is it enough just to sign those sections to confirm no kids/partner or can I also put NOT APPLICABLE in them?

2.I completed one semester towards a university degree (prior to the current degree i'm studying). So this previous semester wouldn't count as a post secondary completed education either?

Prior to ..that.., i completed one year of an undergraduate degree, a level/award of education of itself, called a certificate of higher education. After reading IMM5487, a university certificate, is not one of the examples given.?

Prior to that.. I completed A-levels (Uk, college) - again, not one of the examples

So, where does this leave me, what would be my highest level of post secondary?

Thanks for your assistance

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You continue to ask the same question in the hopes of getting a different answer. Both rjessome and I have explained that you can't put a post secondary education on the WP application if you have not completed one.

I would think that in the section for your 10 year work history that you would indicate you were attending school during those times.

Is your LMO for a job that requires a degree? If not, then why continue to ask when it is clear that you have not obtained a post secondary education?

insanemanab

Nov 8, 2018
Hello experts !

I would like to know one important clarification regarding the imm5257e temporary visa form.
" Give details of your employment for the past 10 years. Do not leave gaps."
This is little confusing for instance :
I am applying on Nov 2018, so I have to give my employments from Nov 2008
However there are only 3 rows, and in my case if I fill those three rows it does not cover 10 years. It only covers (2018-2010, which is 8 years ) What should I do ? There is no option to add additional columns or rows? Neither anything is mentioned explicitly.
I would appreciate anyone's help in this context.

Reactions: manjotrefugee

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hi All,

Please, I just received this direction from IRCC:

Please provide a complete employment history for the past 10 years with no date gaps in between months and years to be included. If unemployed, indicate so and provide the time period. (month and year included) If attending an educational institution, please state institutions name and dates. Please include cities or towns and countries in which you were residing at the time.

Can anyone advise on what to do? Do I resubmit another updated IMM1295 form, or just write it in a plain paper? If the latter, may I get a template please. I should point out that they have activated where I would upload it and named it 'Observations'. Hence, my confusion.

Thanks in advance.

nweed

Sep 8, 2021
Hi All,

Please, I just received this direction from IRCC:

Please provide a complete employment history for the past 10 years with no date gaps in between months and years to be included. If unemployed, indicate so and provide the time period. (month and year included) If attending an educational institution, please state institutions name and dates. Please include cities or towns and countries in which you were residing at the time.

Can anyone advise on what to do? Do I resubmit another updated IMM1295 form, or just write it in a plain paper? If the latter, may I get a template please. I should point out that they have activated where I would upload it and named it 'Observations'. Hence, my confusion.

Thanks in advance.
Hey man! What did you end up doing? I got the same request

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hi,

First of all, this is good news as it means your application is already been worked on. After I submitted what they required, I got my visa approved some two weeks after. To answer your question, here is what I did:

I filled the relevant section of the application form. I didn't resubmit a new application form; just the relevant section. So I used adobe to extract that page for as much space I needed. Once I had done that. I then added a letter of explanation to explain the oversight (I.e., I thought I only needed to submit the relevant application), and also explain the addition I am making. That did it for me. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Myke.

nweed

Sep 8, 2021
Hi,

First of all, this is good news as it means your application is already been worked on. After I submitted what they required, I got my visa approved some two weeks after. To answer your question, here is what I did:

I filled the relevant section of the application form. I didn't resubmit a new application form; just the relevant section. So I used adobe to extract that page for as much space I needed. Once I had done that. I then added a letter of explanation to explain the oversight (I.e., I thought I only needed to submit the relevant application), and also explain the addition I am making. That did it for me. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Myke.
Thanks man for the prompt response and congratulations on getting your visa. One last question; I don't have employment reference letters available to me for few of the previous jobs I will add this time. Do you think that will be an issue?

Mykematt

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Thanks for the kind words. But no need to add employment reference for the additional jobs. The one you've submitted is enough. You are only required to supply reference for your current job. Listing them in the relevant column as describe above was what I did and I got the visa.

nweed

Sep 8, 2021
Thanks for the kind words. But no need to add employment reference for the additional jobs. The one you've submitted is enough. You are only required to supply reference for your current job. Listing them in the relevant column as describe above was what I did and I got the visa.
Thanks a lot for taking your time to reply. Understood and I will work on this now.