+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Delays | VO in Kingston, Jamaica

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Is anyone else facing delays with the VO in Kingston, Jamaica? If you have recently applied for your WP please share your timelines so we (those who are waiting) can have an idea of how long it takes for a decision to be made.

Processing time as per CIC's website: 5 Weeks (Not including the time it takes to give biometrics)

My timeline:

Applied for Closed WP, Spousal Open WP, Dependent TRV on April 6th, 2022.
Done Biometrics (Spouse and I) on April 11th, 2022 (VAC had issues with Biometric Device)
Received document request for dependent on April 13th, 2022 (Document supplied on April 13th, 2022)
Received Acknowledgement of receipt for document supplied on April 25th, 2022

Requested an update after 5 weeks and was advised that the processing time is 8 weeks including the time it takes to give biometrics, that time has passed. No replies to subsequent follow-ups, no update since.

Processing time for Jamaica is still set to 5 weeks (Updated weekly).

Let me know.

Thanks

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Is anyone else facing delays with the VO in Kingston, Jamaica? If you have recently applied for your WP please share your timelines so we (those who are waiting) can have an idea of how long it takes for a decision to be made.

Processing time as per CIC's website: 5 Weeks (Not including the time it takes to give biometrics)

My timeline:

Done Biometrics (Spouse and I) on April 11th, 2022 (VAC had issues with Biometric Device)
Received document request for dependent on April 13th, 2022 (Document supplied on April 13th, 2022)

Requested an update after 5 weeks and was advised that the processing time is 8 weeks including the time it takes to give biometrics, that time has passed. No replies to subsequent follow-ups, no update since.

Let me know.

Thanks
Update:

9 Weeks after Biometrics has been submitted, no update as yet.

Original Processing Time: 5 Weeks

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Update:

9 Weeks after Biometrics has been submitted, no update as yet.

Update:

10 Weeks after Biometrics has been submitted, no update as yet.

Current Processing Time: 6 Weeks

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Update:

10 Weeks after Biometrics has been submitted, no update as yet.

Update:

11 Weeks after Biometrics has been submitted, no update as yet.

kristine19

Jun 27, 2022

My timeline:

Let me know.

Thanks
Hi, Shanew! What are the documents you have submitted for your spouse's open work permit? Did you attach bank statements/certificates? I and my husband have the same case as yours. He's a skilled worker under NOC B with a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. Do we still need to attach proof of funds?

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, Shanew! What are the documents you have submitted for your spouse's open work permit? Did you attach bank statements/certificates? I and my husband have the same case as yours. He's a skilled worker under NOC B with a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. Do we still need to attach proof of funds?
Hi kristine19,
I did not attach proof of funds. It wasn't required, however, the valid Job Offer should cover funds needed.

kristine19

Jun 27, 2022
Hi kristine19,
I did not attach proof of funds. It wasn't required, however, the valid Job Offer should cover funds needed.
I see.. Thank you for that info. How about any document that will serve as proof of home tie or rootedness? Did you attach any?

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
I see.. Thank you for that info. How about any document that will serve as proof of home tie or rootedness? Did you attach any?
Hey kristine19,
No proof was submitted in our case. We applied for PR and only need our Work Permits and Visas for the time being.

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
I see. Not sure if the country where I applied from will make any difference.
It's possible that it may be different. Not 100% sure. After you fill out the questionnaire, you will see the list of required documents.