+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit delay from UAE

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For my home ties i attached my marriage certificate and children birth certificate, showed proof of funds in account equivalent to family size requirements, uae work permit still valid for next 3 months
So you cannot return to UAE. You are coming as a temporary worker and IRCC is concerned you will not leave Canada because your UAE permit expires in 3 months and you have no ties to home country. You need to show ties to return to home country. What is your spouse and children going to do?

Peaceful Soul

Nov 23, 2022
So you cannot return to UAE. You are coming as a temporary worker and IRCC is concerned you will not leave Canada because your UAE permit expires in 3 months and you have no ties to home country. You need to show ties to return to home country. What is your spouse and children going to do?
Spouse and children are in home country and I visit them every year, my application was lmia based closed work permit so job was secure

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Spouse and children are in home country and I visit them every year, my application was lmia based closed work permit so job was secure
Order GCMS notes for full reasons. Yes, you are on a closed work permit but it is temporary, not PR, so you need to show ties to return. Given you don’t live in home country (only visit family) and not returning to UAE because permit is expiring are reasons for refusal.

Peaceful Soul

Nov 23, 2022
Order GCMS notes for full reasons. Yes, you are on a closed work permit but it is temporary, not PR, so you need to show ties to return. Given you don’t live in home country (only visit family) and not returning to UAE because permit is expiring are reasons for refusal.
I will order the notes
I very well understand it's TRV not PR
In uae we are on work permit, so naturally employer will get it cancelled when we decide to leave work, so there is no point on how long it's valid
How can one simultaneously live in home country and work abroad ? I work in uae so I have to stay here and I visit my family on my annual leave
I have a home in my home country and my spouse and children are living with my parents and the address is clearly mentioned on their passports which i attached

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will order the notes
I very well understand it's TRV not PR
In uae we are on work permit, so naturally employer will get it cancelled when we decide to leave work, so there is no point on how long it's valid
How can one simultaneously live in home country and work abroad ? I work in uae so I have to stay here and I visit my family on my annual leave
I have a home in my home country and my spouse and children are living with my parents and the address is clearly mentioned on their passports which i attached
This is not just about your spouse and children. You are the one who shows ties and you haven’t live in home country for a very long time. Family ties are not enough. What are economic ties - property, income, investments etc. Believe that is the issue.

Can you even drive a truck in Canada? You need to be licensed and need to get driver’s license first. This may be an issue too. Find out with GCMS notes.

Peaceful Soul

Nov 23, 2022
This is not just about your spouse and children. You are the one who shows ties and you haven’t live in home country for a very long time. Family ties are not enough. What are economic ties - property, income, investments etc. Believe that is the issue.

Can you even drive a truck in Canada? You need to be licensed and need to get driver’s license first. This may be an issue too. Find out with GCMS notes.
Economic ties is just the house and source of income is in uae only as I work here and I had submitted the pay stubs.

I had even attached a letter from a driving school in canada from where I would have got my training done to obtain a Truck Driving License. I guess any one intending to drive a truck in Canada needs to train under melts program so any foreigner can obtain a license only one's he reach's there. I had attached my uae truck driving license along with driving abstract and work experience letter from my current employer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Economic ties is just the house and source of income is in uae only as I work here and I had submitted the pay stubs.

I had even attached a letter from a driving school in canada from where I would have got my training done to obtain a Truck Driving License. I guess any one intending to drive a truck in Canada needs to train under melts program so any foreigner can obtain a license only one's he reach's there. I had attached my uae truck driving license along with driving abstract and work experience letter from my current employer
Order GCMS and reapply addressing reasons. Assume your employer knows since you will have to reapply.

Peaceful Soul

Nov 23, 2022
Order GCMS and reapply addressing reasons. Assume your employer knows since you will have to reapply.
Applied for notes
Sent a reconsideration request to the visa office addressing the reasons
Hope the visa officer understands and reopens the file, which they usually don't do, but I gave it a try
The employer wanted to go for a judicial review but it's a lengthy time consuming process