+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit delay from UAE

Abbylove

Mar 17, 2023
i have no idea what that is, but i got a care giving job offer and i applied took biometrics and did my medical too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have no idea what that is, but i got a care giving job offer and i applied took biometrics and did my medical too.
You are not high skilled so not expedited. So you have a LMIA? Is the job in Quebec because caregivers go through the HCCP program?

Abbylove

Mar 17, 2023
My employer does not require LMIA, they just gave me a number that i used while applying,
job is in British Columbia

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My employer does not require LMIA, they just gave me a number that i used while applying,
job is in British Columbia
How can you not need a LMIA? Everyone needs one to apply for a work permit unless LMIA-exempt (Free Trade agreement, company transfer)? What is the NOC? Have you paid any money?

Abbylove

Mar 17, 2023
Yes they are LMIA-Exempt NOC 4212, its a charity organisation, i did not pay any money to anyone, i applied on the organisation website and was interviewed several times.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes they are LMIA-Exempt NOC 4212, its a charity organisation, i did not pay any money to anyone, i applied on the organisation website and was interviewed several times.
So you are not a caregiver. You would have the LMIA exemption code when you applied. Processing is long from UAE so there is nothing to do but wait. There is not delay.

Abbylove

Mar 17, 2023
Am a live in caregiver, the charity is working with people with development disabilities. i was given a LMIA exemption code that i used to apply., what happens coz my job was for 1 year though renewable contract?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Am a live in caregiver, the charity is working with people with development disabilities. i was given a LMIA exemption code that i used to apply., what happens coz my job was for 1 year though renewable contract?
But NOC 4212 is not a caregiver. NOC 4212 is a social service worker. So to prove that you can work in the NOC, you would show your education in social services and experience in community social work. The whole point of LMIA exempt permit is that the Canadian employer cannot hire anyone locally, only you are experienced enough to do the job. I assume you read NOC 4212 requirements and your education and experience match the NOC.

Peaceful Soul

Nov 23, 2022
Closed work permit

Abu Dhabi visa office

Submission: 15 June 2023
AOR : 15 June 2023
Biometrics : Updated from previous application
Medical : Not Required

Refused: March 2024

Reason: Staying in uae away from family for extended period does not prove strong ties to family and home country

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Closed work permit

Abu Dhabi visa office

Submission: 15 June 2023
AOR : 15 June 2023
Biometrics : Updated from previous application
Medical : Not Required

Refused: March 2024

Reason: Staying in uae away from family for extended period does not prove strong ties to family and home country
What was NOC? What were ties to return to UAE? Ties to home country?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
NOC 73300

Working in uae from past 15 yrs

visit my home country once every year for 30 days
Order GCMS notes. Was that only reason? So what did you show as ties to return. You have no ties to home country so when does your UAE work permit expire? If during your work permit timeframe in Canada then what ties did you show to return to UAE or home country. Family? Property? You are coming as a temporary worker not PR.

Peaceful Soul

Nov 23, 2022
For my home ties i attached my marriage certificate and children birth certificate, showed proof of funds in account equivalent to family size requirements, uae work permit still valid for next 3 months