+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Condition

freelancer78

Aug 21, 2011
Hello Experts,

My brother arrived in Canada last December 2021 but he noticed that his work permit's condition is to only leave Canada by the end of his work duration. Normally, a work permit should also indicate other conditions such as prohibited from attending any educational institution or taking any academic training course and/or prohibited from working with any other employer. I am not sure if this was an error or can he work with more than one employer since it was not indicated on his work permit prohibiting him not to do so.

Please advice.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello Experts,

My brother arrived in Canada last December 2021 but he noticed that his work permit's condition is to only leave Canada by the end of his work duration. Normally, a work permit should also indicate other conditions such as prohibited from attending any educational institution or taking any academic training course and/or prohibited from working with any other employer. I am not sure if this was an error or can he work with more than one employer since it was not indicated on his work permit prohibiting him not to do so.

Please advice.

Thank you.
1. If he obtained has WP through an LMIA or ICT he can only work for that employer.
2. Even if study prohibition is not on WP, he still can't attend.