+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit bridge application after PR approval

abhijith93

Aug 3, 2019
Hi,

I got my PR landing done on July 27.
I had applied for Bridging work permit while PR application was in progress (my post graduate work permit was due to expire) . I logged into my IRCC account, but that application for bridging work permit is till shown in progress? Do i Have to cancel that application, for bridging work permit? Kindly advise.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hi,

I had applied for Bridging work permit while PR application was in progress (my post graduate work permit was due to expire) . I logged into my IRCC account, but that application for bridging work permit is till shown in progress? Do i Have to cancel that application, for bridging work permit? Kindly advise.
They'll cancel it for you during their next review or audit cycle.

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi,

They will automatically cancel it once the system figures it out. However, in my case I sent a request asking for the BOWP to be cancelled and my money refunded as it’s no longer needed due to me now having PR.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
They will automatically cancel it once the system figures it out. However, in my case I sent a request asking for the BOWP to be cancelled and my money refunded as it’s no longer needed due to me now having PR.
BOWP money is not refundable, unless its rejected. If you cancel its gone.
You should have waited for them to cancel it. Now that you have initiated cancellation, there is very slim chance of you getting your money back.

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
BOWP money is not refundable, unless its rejected. If you cancel its gone.
You should have waited for them to cancel it. Now that you have initiated cancellation, there is very slim chance of you getting your money back.
That’s incorrect. I withdrew the application by sending a case online. I got my money back. It depends on if the BOWP has been processed by the time you put in the application to withdraw it. This is the exact message I got back after I put in my request.

“Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

A note has been added to your file to notify the responsible office that you wish to withdraw your application. Once the processing of your application begins, the office will determine if the application can be withdrawn and will issue a refund within 16 weeks of the withdrawal, if applicable.

If you have submitted your application with family members and you are the principal applicant, the office will also withdraw their applications.

Please note that the decision to withdraw an application is definitive, and that a new application will require the applicable fees.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.”

mindfreaak

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Did you get a full refund or a partial? and how long did it take? did you make any additional steps like request a refund or was it automatically done

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Did you get a full refund or a partial? and how long did it take? did you make any additional steps like request a refund or was it automatically done
Read my previous reply . I withdrew the application through web form and their reply is above. I got my full refund .