+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit as refugee asylum

isman

Feb 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

Plz , i would like to know it is possible to apply work permit as refugee asylum , i`m waiting my hearing date and i would like to work and if so how long it will take to get answer from IRCC.

Mar 3, 2017
Yes. Go to cic website
choose extend or change work permit

Usually you can get one one if you are receiving social assistance.
Or if your refugee claim is accepted.

Babyfaced

Mar 11, 2017
I believe you must have had your medical done because you would need it to apply for the work permit online, and your refugee document and it could take between 4- 8 weeks for online application and 12 weeks for a paper application and you don't need to wait until after you get a hearing date.

isman

Feb 18, 2016
Thank you for your feedback, i really appreciate so i have done my medical exmain and i applied online my work permit but plz i wanna know if IRCC received my medical exmain i called my clinique and they told that they sent my result.so how i will check if ircc received my MEDICAL RESULT.

Thanks

Babyfaced

Mar 11, 2017
isman said:
Thank you for your feedback, i really appreciate so i have done my medical exmain and i applied online my work permit but plz i wanna know if IRCC received my medical exmain i called my clinique and they told that they sent my result.so how i will check if ircc received my MEDICAL RESULT.

Thanks
You don't have to bother yourself if it was received or not, as long as it was sent to cic you are sure to be issued a work permit as long as your medical result doesn't come out with any negative result.

isman

Feb 18, 2016
Thank you brother, so My Next question is Do they send me the work permit by mail as they have adressee or i will go to collect to the immigration office . how is it working after the confirmation message online.

Mar 3, 2017
It will be mailed. Just wait for them mail one to you. Go to service Canada for you SIN number with your new work permit and drivers licence.