+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit as a refugee claimant but now protected person

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, if someone applied for work permit as a refugee claimant, then her claim was accepted and now she's a refugee (protected person). and her application for work permit as refugee claimant is still in the process, should she apply for a new work permit a refugee or should she contact CIC to notify them that her claim was accepted and now she's a protected person so they can provide here with work permit as a refugee not as a refugee claimant?

Thank you for your answers :)

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
key78 said:
Hi Guys, if someone applied for work permit as a refugee claimant, then her claim was accepted and now she's a refugee (protected person). and her application for work permit as refugee claimant is still in the process, should she apply for a new work permit a refugee or should she contact CIC to notify them that her claim was accepted and now she's a protected person so they can provide here with work permit as a refugee not as a refugee claimant?

Thank you for your answers :)
No you cannot apply for a new work permit as it is same open work permit both for refugee claimants and accepted refugees/conventional refugees/protected persons. So just wait for your work permit to come and it will be valid and good even with your new status. Both refugee claimants and refugees gets limited time open work permit which is for 1 year and on the work permit they do not mention any status such as refugee claimant or refugee. So nothing to worry about

Hope it helps

elegeli

Apr 23, 2017
Re: work permit

elegeli said:
hi every one ...
i am protected persons, and i don't know that my open work permit is expired since 26/11/2016 and i am still working.
i am expected to get DM by end of may, so do i have to apply for renew it and can i keep my working or i have to stop ..please advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to stop working. You don't hold a valid work permit and it is illegal for you to be working.

elegeli

Apr 23, 2017
Re: work permit

hi every one ...
i am protected persons, and my open work permit is expired 26/11/2016 i am expecting to get DM by end of may

so do i have to apply for renew my open work permit ??