+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Approved but not yet received in Mail. Job starts soon! HALP!

Hparsa

Feb 12, 2020
I hope so 6 weeks it's too much why they are so bad on this?! they don't even have a tracking number!!!

rakshitharam

Mar 4, 2020
My work permit was approved on May 14th and I still haven't received the document. Is/was anybody in the same situation as me? If yes what was the action you took to get your document? If there is a contact number or mail address please let me know. Cheers!

gagansekhon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
My work permit was approved on May 14th and I still haven't received the document. Is/was anybody in the same situation as me? If yes what was the action you took to get your document? If there is a contact number or mail address please let me know. Cheers!
Hii there, you need to call cic and give your new address to them, they will send it to you

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hi Congratulations!! When did you apply for work permit? Also from where did you apply? Was it online or paper based?

Mind blowing

Apr 30, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am in Toronto now. I applied for open work permit when I was in Canada , and got it approved during December 2019, and received the original hard copy of work permit. I travelled to India for a vacation and submitted my TRV paper application in vfs Hyderabad, India.
My TRV was stamped in passport but the Bangalore IRCC took back my original work permit. I got a small paper saying that I will receive my work permit hard copy in port of entry. While I landed in Canada Toronto on May 29 2020, the officer told me that the work permit will be mailed to my house address.
It’s going to be two months I landed in Canada, Toronto and I haven’t received my original Hard copy of work permit by mail. I tried sending a web form but no reply. It’s been two months now.
Anyone in same situation please help me

aaadddiiiiiiii

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
if anyone can please share their experience will be very helpful . how long it took to receive hard copy after wp approval ? i am waiting from 27 days

Skyerye

Sep 14, 2020
Hi anyone here who was on the same boat before as mine? I have been calling cic thrice to check if they sent correctly my wp to our new address (we moved out and updated right away prior to my owp approval). Called them 3 times and they answered me consistently that they mailed my owp to our new address. Got my approval last august 8 and until now, haven’t received the original one.

anyone here who had the same situation Before?Anyone did experience receive the owp during the 6th week? I started to think that it is potentially lost and have to wait to finish the 6th week before I inform cic

Skyerye

Sep 14, 2020
Hi did you receive yours now? Or you requested another one?

Musiie_1

Dec 5, 2020
Hi,
My work permit application was approved on 13 nov but, I didn’t get mail yet. Can Anyone please tell me how much time it will take ☹

Skyerye

Sep 14, 2020
Hi,
My work permit application was approved on 13 nov but, I didn’t get mail yet. Can Anyone please tell me how much time it will take ☹
based on my experience,i’ve waited 6 weeks and no copy received through mail even they said that they have mailed it to me. In your case, there’s a huge percent that it is the same way as mine. You have no choice but to wait for 6 weeks before you requested another copy. That’s their rule with no exemption.
When i requested another copy, i received after 4 working days and that’s the usual timeline as per other’s experiences. Goodluck!

Reactions: Musiie_1

raisingsun

Jul 9, 2020
Hi,
Hi, did you get your wp now? I'm in the similar situation as yours. Mine approved on 24 Nov, still waiting.