+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit approval

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Shanew, did you received back your passport after stamp?
Hey @Destination1, not yet, last update from the VAC (VFS Global) was from the day the Passports were submitted: "Your application, tracking ID No. [Tracking Number Here] has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Kingston OC, Jamaica on Wed Jul 06 2022 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Kingston OC, Jamaica for processing." - I opened a chat with them this morning asking if the Passports have been delivered, the agent said he is not sure, stating that he is not at the location physically so we have to wait until the staff onsite update the status. I asked him if its normal for it to take this long to be delivered to the consulate (Which is also in Kingston), he said "No, its not normal".

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hey @Destination1, not yet, last update from the VAC (VFS Global) was from the day the Passports were submitted: "Your application, tracking ID No. [Tracking Number Here] has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Kingston OC, Jamaica on Wed Jul 06 2022 and is in transit to the IRCC Office in Kingston OC, Jamaica for processing." - I opened a chat with them this morning asking if the Passports have been delivered, the agent said he is not sure, stating that he is not at the location physically so we have to wait until the staff onsite update the status. I asked him if its normal for it to take this long to be delivered to the consulate (Which is also in Kingston), he said "No, its not normal".
I think it’s normal because our passports been 2 days in transit and distance is only few kilometers from vfs to IRCC office so don’t worry you will get back soon.

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
I think it’s normal because our passports been 2 days in transit and distance is only few kilometers from vfs to IRCC office so don’t worry you will get back soon.
Ahh I see, ok thanks for sharing that, with that said, yes I think we will get it soon.

debster0810

Jul 10, 2022
Hi Shanew, are you based in Jamaica and is that why your application is being processed from there? I'm in touch with my lawyers due to the delay in processing times in the UAE and they were asking if I should request my application to be processed elsewhere.

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Shanew, are you based in Jamaica and is that why your application is being processed from there? I'm in touch with my lawyers due to the delay in processing times in the UAE and they were asking if I should request my application to be processed elsewhere.
Yes, I am based in Jamaica. Not too sure you have control over which Visa Office processes your application.

Reactions: debster0810

debster0810

Jul 10, 2022
Yes, I am based in Jamaica. Not too sure you have control over which Visa Office processes your application.
Thanks Shanew! That's what I was told last evening too, that I can only choose my country of residence or nationality for the visa process.

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks Shanew! That's what I was told last evening too, that I can only choose my country of residence or nationality for the visa process.
That's right, VO's automatically transfers your application when necessary. I don't know what those lawyers were thinking.

Reactions: debster0810