+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit applications in CHC London - 2013

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
hi, what should i type on IMM1295 application form for :what type of work permit I am applying for, if I have a LMO. should it be OTHER or Open work permiit

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
redstone said:
hi, what should i type on IMM1295 application form for :what type of work permit I am applying for, if I have a LMO. should it be OTHER or Open work permiit
"Other" if you have an LMO and job offer. It is basically "closed" work permit i.e. tied to a specific employer only. Open work permit is "open" because with that you could work for any employer.

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
Is there anyone got work or study permit from CHC London recently? Please share time line. I have been waiting for more than 12 week.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
gbu said:
Is there anyone got work or study permit from CHC London recently? Please share time line. I have been waiting for more than 12 week.
Nothing at all :( Don't know if they are working or if the office is closed or if only TRVs and study permits are being processed. No idea re anything.

Londonapp6

Aug 5, 2013
rosey1111 said:
Hmmm.not sure! Let me know if you hear anything please.
Thanks
Rosey :)
Sure, I will share if I hear anything from them. I have heard they are short-staffed for sure, I think we are in trying times with CHC. Are you based in London also?

GBU - Did you apply intercompany too?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I guess work permits are being delayed all over the world. Of course London is expected to be swifter compared to many other locations which have further requirements and take longer to process. However, above situation of delay is there pretty much with every one.

maz162

Jun 27, 2013
gbu said:

I've still heard nothing (over 13 weeks now)- I'll be emailing them again on Monday as they'll be over their 28 day response time to Case Specific email queries, so hopefully I'll get some sort of update and let you know.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
maz162 said:
I've still heard nothing (over 13 weeks now)- I'll be emailing them again on Monday as they'll be over their 28 day response time to Case Specific email queries, so hopefully I'll get some sort of update and let you know.
This is quite disheartening to hear Maz162. Let us know how you get on with it.

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
maz162 said:
Hi Maz162
In this forum i saw that "qxoil" who applied 7th June got his decision within 8 week, then Why it take too much time in our case. Do we have anything to do in this situation?

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
Londonapp6 said:
Sure, I will share if I hear anything from them. I have heard they are short-staffed for sure, I think we are in trying times with CHC. Are you based in London also?

GBU - Did you apply intercompany too?
gbu said "he applied somthing wiith LMO".

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
gbu said:
Hi Maz162
In this forum i saw that "qxoil" who applied 7th June got his decision within 8 week, then Why it take too much time in our case. Do we have anything to do in this situation?
Hey gbu, qxoil received a rejection in 6 weeks...so I don't think it is necessarily bad news if it takes longer. I have been reading on the forums and have noticed a few threads where people have mentioned that their applications were incomplete and CHC informed the VAC but the VAC didn't inform them. So I think it is really important to contact CHC if the 8 weeks have gone by.

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
It seems that the largest visa processing embassies are issuing visas normally despite of ongoing strick-

http://www.thechinavoice.com/canadian-embassy-still-issuing-visas-despite-on-going-strike/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AupOYDswvmtHdEY5TUJNOEg4N004QU8ySlBPVEJmQnc#gid=0

then why London VO is taking too much time for processing visa? why?

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
I have no idea! There aren't many people on this forum waiting at the moment...

you
me
Maz
Londonapp

There were a couple of other people Lucky17 and Cushy but they haven't been here for a while so I am assuming they have had a decision. Even Londonapp hasn't been here in a couple of days so maybe also received response.

So that leaves me, you and maz.

Anyone else out there waiting for anything from London?

maz162

Jun 27, 2013
And the icing on the cake is that CIC have just updated their quarterly Processing Times on their website (for study permits at least) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp.

They cover from July 2012 to 30th June 2013 and they've dropped London down 1 week from 8 weeks to 7!!! Clearly they don't have a clue!!