VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Mohammed,

In addition to what i wrote earlier, following might be a useful and apparently credible organization.
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2013-05-16/we-can-help-you-to-work-in-canada

imran1989

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
NOC 6002
App. Filed.......
25th may 2015
IELTS Request
W:6 S:6 R:5.5 L:6
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
31st July 2015
LANDED..........
6th sep 2015
fkl said:
Mohammed,

In addition to what i wrote earlier, following might be a useful and apparently credible organization.
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2013-05-16/we-can-help-you-to-work-in-canada

salaaam,

Thank you so much!!! that is very informative.
which field u r working in? Do u have any idea about those agencies? Basically i have to find an employer 1st who can hire me, then i can apply for work permit. How about link din?
is it possible to find thru linkdin...i have been thru many websites, non is working out, no reply! No response! Uhh!! its horrible, hope things go well on your way, inshallah!! If u have any thing else, plz do shre..job openings? From your online friends, it Vll b vry hlpful fr me...

regards
mohammed

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
imran1989 said:
salaaam,

Thank you so much!!! that is very informative.
which field u r working in? Do u have any idea about those agencies? Basically i have to find an employer 1st who can hire me, then i can apply for work permit. How about link din?
is it possible to find thru linkdin...i have been thru many websites, non is working out, no reply! No response! Uhh!! its horrible, hope things go well on your way, inshallah!! If u have any thing else, plz do shre..job openings? From your online friends, it Vll b vry hlpful fr me...

regards
mohammed
WS,

My profession is software development. No i have only read on the internet about these agencies, no personal or other experience.

Linkedin is not about finding some one alone. The point is, every body in his professional area has contacts via linkedin and their credentials and experience together makes them a possible candidate, nothing else. If you do not have the profile some one is looking for, whether you can find them or not via linkedin or otherwise, it is not important.

I have no idea about what your profile / profession or experience is.

Often employers post jobs on this very forum too. Look under the threads for temp work permit. I have seen a few listed in the last week. That ranged from cooks to restaurant supervisors to mechanical engineers. Usually it is a recruitment agency posting these.

Hope that helps.

geordieninja

Apr 26, 2013
fkl said:
No update from my side so far.
I got an email from my solicitor with letters from CHC London on Friday 28th June saying my work permit has been approved! ;D ;D :D

Applied on the 29/04/13

Recieved letter on the 28/06/13.

Roughly 8 weeks.

Thank you all for all the advise, we will all get our permits soon.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
geordieninja! That's great news. Congratulations!

geordieninja

Apr 26, 2013
Thanks for the congratulatory messages,feels like a weight been lifted off my shoulders.

I am praying that you guys get yours soonest.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
geordieninja said:
Thanks for the congratulatory messages,feels like a weight been lifted off my shoulders.

Hi there
Is the work permit a separate document or is it attached on the passport (just like a normal visa)? I am really worried as I applied at the VFS centre in London and they did not take my passport but they took a copy. Now I don't know how exactly I will get the work permit if they don't have my passport? Will they request it later maybe?
Thank you
PS: Congratulations for your good news! Well done :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rosey1111 said:
Hi there
Is the work permit a separate document or is it attached on the passport (just like a normal visa)? I am really worried as I applied at the VFS centre in London and they did not take my passport but they took a copy. Now I don't know how exactly I will get the work permit if they don't have my passport? Will they request it later maybe?
Thank you
PS: Congratulations for your good news! Well done :)
Work permit is issued at the port of entry. From the embassy you only get a letter of introduction illustrating your work permit. Regarding stamping temporary resident visa for those who require it, if original passports were not submitted initially, embassy would ask you to submit that latter.

However, it depends upon whether you are from a visa exempt country or not. So please check first if you actually require a visa to be stamped on your original passport.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
fkl said:
Work permit is issued at the port of entry. From the embassy you only get a letter of introduction illustrating your work permit. Regarding stamping temporary resident visa for those who require it, if original passports were not submitted initially, embassy would ask you to submit that latter.

However, it depends upon whether you are from a visa exempt country or not. So please check first if you actually require a visa to be stamped on your original passport.
Thank you fkl
Yes, my application was for a multiple entry temporary resident visa and a work permit. So if I've understood this correctly, at some point, CHC will ask me for my passport and attach the temporary resident visa to it and also give me a letter for my work permit. Once I land in Canada, my work permit will be issued at the port of entry?

Thank you for your help :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rosey1111 said:
Thank you fkl
Yes, my application was for a multiple entry temporary resident visa and a work permit. So if I've understood this correctly, at some point, CHC will ask me for my passport and attach the temporary resident visa to it and also give me a letter for my work permit. Once I land in Canada, my work permit will be issued at the port of entry?

Thank you for your help :)
No problem. The above understanding is correct. In my country (where every one requires a temp resident visa stamped on passport to enter canada), when people apply online, they only submit a scanned copy of passport. Latter when they are done with medicals, and have a positive response, they get a passport request which is submitted via courier. Generally passport request here means you are almost sure to get the visa now.

However, the paper based applicants submit original passport along with the rest of docs.

I don't know how this exactly works in the UK, since there is no medical and there would mostly be uk nationals who do not actually require a visa.

But i expect them to ask you for original passport latter if they haven't already

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
fkl said:
No problem. The above understanding is correct. In my country (where every one requires a temp resident visa stamped on passport to enter canada), when people apply online, they only submit a scanned copy of passport. Latter when they are done with medicals, and have a positive response, they get a passport request which is submitted via courier. Generally passport request here means you are almost sure to get the visa now.

However, the paper based applicants submit original passport along with the rest of docs.

I don't know how this exactly works in the UK, since there is no medical and there would mostly be uk nationals who do not actually require a visa.

But i expect them to ask you for original passport latter if they haven't already
Thank you :) I just have to wait now. Thanks so much for your help.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
geordieninja said:

Hi Geordieninja

Hope you are well.

I was just wondering if you are in Canada yet? If yes, could you possibly share your experience of getting your work permit at the port of entry with us? What do we need to bring etc.?

Thanks