+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit applications in CHC London - 2013

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
Entered 10th week after online work permit application through CHC London. Losing interest, getting bored. Can anyone tell, how many days they usually take to stamp visa after approval?

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
gbu said:
Entered 10th week after online work permit application through CHC London. Losing interest, getting bored. Can anyone tell, how many days they usually take to stamp visa after approval?
Hey gbu, that's not nice to hear, have you not heard anything at all?

It would be helpful if you could share some details so we can compare notes.

1) What type of visa are you applying for? Is it Open Work Permit (OWP) or Closed Work Permit (CWP) with LMO or Closed Work Permit (CWP) LMO-exempt e.g. Intra-Company Transfer?

2) How did you apply? Online or Directly with CHC London or via VFS in London?

3) When exactly did you apply? What date? Have you had any correspondence from them at all?

4) What Nationality are you? Do you need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or just a work permit?

Hang in there, they say processing time is 8-10 weeks so maybe you will hear back this week. Fingers crossed.

Thanks

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
Hey rosey1111
I applied with a job offer and LMO through online on 15th May. No further communication through MyCIC account, except the submission confirmation letter that I received shortly after my online application. I also need TRV to enter Canada.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
gbu said:
Hey rosey1111
I applied with a job offer and LMO through online on 15th May. No further communication through MyCIC account, except the submission confirmation letter that I received shortly after my online application. I also need TRV to enter Canada.
Ah! So basically you finish 9 weeks today...still hope for it to all come through by next week as they say 8 - 10 weeks...
Also, I spoke to a friend last week and she told me that she had applied for a tourist visa in June and didn't hear anything back for over 2 weeks...she decided to go to the embassy in London and explain that she had booked her flights etc. and then she got the 'your visa is ready, bring your passport' email in her MyCIC account in 2 days...so I don't know if doing that would be helpful.

When does your job start? and have you booked your flights?

geordieninja

Apr 26, 2013
rosey1111 said:
Hi Geordieninja

Hope you are well.

I was just wondering if you are in Canada yet? If yes, could you possibly share your experience of getting your work permit at the port of entry with us? What do we need to bring etc.?

Thanks
Hi I arrived Canada yesterday, my experience at the port of entry as very smooth. No queues, just walked up to the immigration officer with my work permit invitation letterand passport. She asked a few questions on what type of job I would be doing and the address of the company in Canada.

After 5mins of general talk she printed out the work permit,attached it to my passport and send welcome to Canada. Took about 15 mins.

Make sure u carry all the documents u used when applying because I think they look for any anomalies between your application and what u say during the interview.

I arrived via Toronto Pearson airport, there were no queues in either customs or immigration. Smoothest journey ever.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
hello guys
after all that wait. fuckin decision came that my application been refused. i ddnt satisfy the visa officer that i will leave canada after two before my work permit expires.i have been in uk from last eight years legally , i am married to british citizen. i have so strong ties to england.
this whole is system is fuckin shit........
sorry for me language i am soo pissed off

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
geordieninja said:
Hi I arrived Canada yesterday, my experience at the port of entry as very smooth. No queues, just walked up to the immigration officer with my work permit invitation letterand passport. She asked a few questions on what type of job I would be doing and the address of the company in Canada.

After 5mins of general talk she printed out the work permit,attached it to my passport and send welcome to Canada. Took about 15 mins.

Make sure u carry all the documents u used when applying because I think they look for any anomalies between your application and what u say during the interview.

I arrived via Toronto Pearson airport, there were no queues in either customs or immigration. Smoothest journey ever.
Hi!
Sorry to butt in, but, when was your work permit issued? is it a temporary work permit?? The thing is that because of the strike, im starting to think no work permits are being issued... I'm not even applying through London, but i've heard from people all around the world still waiting for their work permits and NOTHING. Personally, ive been waiting 3.5 months when I was supposed to hear back from them after 3-4 weeks after they received my app. I just need to know if anyone is getting their TVR/WP or we just have to wait until this effin strike is over.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Hi, GeorgieNinja applied for intra-company transfer category and got her work permit in 8 weeks exactly. Not sure what is happening right now.

Londonapp6

Aug 5, 2013
Hello,

I have been looking to get some news on processing time for recent work permit applications in CHC . I do understand there have been delays due to the PAFSO strike, seems to be based on the earlier responses it is 8-12 weeks.

My application dates are as follows.

Applied: June 4, 2013
No LMO required as it was intercompany transfer.

I have heard anything back yet, other than from VFS that is still under processing at high commission. It is has been 2 months, I am starting my 9th week right now. Any updates from others will be great.

Cheers,
AK

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Londonapp6 said:
Hello,

I have been looking to get some news on processing time for recent work permit applications in CHC . I do understand there have been delays due to the PAFSO strike, seems to be based on the earlier responses it is 8-12 weeks.

I have heard anything back yet, other than from VFS that is still under processing at high commission. It is has been 2 months, I am starting my 9th week right now. Any updates from others will be great.

Cheers,
AK
Hey AK, same situation here...applied end of June but no news whatsoever! Are you TRV exempt?

maz162

Jun 27, 2013
Londonapp6 said:
Hello,

Cheers,
AK
I applied for a Study Permit (for myself) and an Open Work Permit (for my spouse) on May 7th... not had any decision as yet. So that's 13 weeks now for me.

I applied Online through London.

I also emailed a few weeks back and haven't had a response yet besides that standard "we will reply within 28 days" auto response.

Londonapp6

Aug 5, 2013
rosey1111 said:
Hey AK, same situation here...applied end of June but no news whatsoever! Are you TRV exempt?
That' crazy, I hope you get it soon. Well my lawyers did say it was waiting game. I am TRV exempt, however, VFS person said that they may require passport at sometime. I am not sure why?

I was told that if I enquired between the average processing times (8-10 weeks) I would not receive an answer. So I didn't do much on that front. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hope we both hear back soon.

rosey1111

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Londonapp6 said:
That' crazy, I hope you get it soon. Well my lawyers did say it was waiting game. I am TRV exempt, however, VFS person said that they may require passport at sometime. I am not sure why?

I was told that if I enquired between the average processing times (8-10 weeks) I would not receive an answer. So I didn't do much on that front. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hope we both hear back soon.
Hey...check your inbox.