+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
I am thinking about same thing as cookie said. Now applications which are on paper based seem more faster process than online applications? I applied mine by online. BTW, thanks ict1canada to make the applicant's list in October. Wishing the best for all applicants!!

Petoto

Canavisa

Dec 26, 2013
veer2012 said:
Congratulations on Paper based application approval. Mine was online application submitted on Oct 25th'13, LMO based. I didn't see any movement yet. But lets keep posting our timelines as anyone receives any updated status. May be you are already in Canada, that is the reason.....
I currently live in US and my ICT application was submitted online through an attorney in Canada on Oct 1st 2013 but still no news.......

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
@petoto - I do not think we can guess which gets faster approval. There could be other reasons in each application. It could be something related to supporting documents. I do not know. If paper based is faster now, then this has to unfair. They should follow dates whether it is online or paper based. 3 months and 19 days works fine for me but that was paper based. Online should be faster as far as i know.

@NMY9420 - I cannot go to New York without resigning where I am working right now. We just had our vacation so I cannot request day-offs. If I resign, I have to leave the country within a week. This is complicated. I just wish the processing time gets shorter whether it is online or paper based. Although I am looking at other options to stay longer legally in the country just to wait for approval.

Thanks everyone for updates.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi jas_dhillon90,
It is really confusing. But all we need is just hope for an approval for each one here waiting .
Even I am sailing in the same boat as yours. I have packed my bags as I have just couple of more weeks here.
It is frustrating. No one knows on what basis they are processing the application so we cannot predict the timeline. I recd. an email saying my application is in queue for assessment. So it might take another 1-2 months I believe for the status update.
Lets just keep posting our views to help each other ..

Thank you Petoto.
jas_dhillon90 said:
@ petoto - I do not think we can guess which gets faster approval. There could be other reasons in each application. It could be something related to supporting documents. I do not know. If paper based is faster now, then this has to unfair. They should follow dates whether it is online or paper based. 3 months and 19 days works fine for me but that was paper based. Online should be faster as far as i know.

@ NMY9420 - I cannot go to New York without resigning where I am working right now. We just had our vacation so I cannot request day-offs. If I resign, I have to leave the country within a week. This is complicated. I just wish the processing time gets shorter whether it is online or paper based. Although I am looking at other options to stay longer legally in the country just to wait for approval.

Thanks everyone for updates.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi Canavisa
I am just waiting for an update from you .I am sure you will receive a status update soon. All the best.
Thanks again to each one posting here their updates.
Canavisa said:
I currently live in US and my ICT application was submitted online through an attorney in Canada on Oct 1st 2013 but still no news.......

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
Hi ict1canada,

I am sure you have informed us before, but may I ask when did you apply? Two weeks? I hope you get the approval within this week. You need at least a couple of days to fly to NYC then get your Visa stamped. I wish you could fly to Canada without having overstayed status in USA. We are just unlucky.If we applied at this time last year we could have gotten stamped in two months max. The thing is they are not following timeline stated on website and it is really misleading people. I found this forum and so I applied as soon as I could. Still it seems too late.

Thanks man and goodluck! Let us know as soon as you hear the good news.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi jas_dhillon90,
I applied Oct 18th. I appreciate your positive thought. If you see our forum member Olivia's case the time required for visa stamping is just 3-5 days. Keeping my fingers crossed if I hear anything from my attorney I will post immediately. I agree if applied earlier last year surely would have been in Canada by now.
Anyways the processing had almost kind of stopped during Nov.13 so is this delay. Lets hope they speed up this month.
jas_dhillon90 said:
Hi ict1canada,

I am sure you have informed us before, but may I ask when did you apply? Two weeks? I hope you get the approval within this week. You need at least a couple of days to fly to NYC then get your Visa stamped. I wish you could fly to Canada without having overstayed status in USA. We are just unlucky.If we applied at this time last year we could have gotten stamped in two months max. The thing is they are not following timeline stated on website and it is really misleading people. I found this forum and so I applied as soon as I could. Still it seems too late.

Thanks man and goodluck! Let us know as soon as you hear the good news.

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
ICT1Canada,

What do you mean by saying processing stopped by November 13? I thought the strike ended in september? BTW, I recommend you to visit to NYC consulate with your letter immediately instead for taking a risk of posting your passport. There i no guarantee that you will get it back on time. Yes, we have got to be positive. I am hoping your approval within coming week. Thanks!

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi jas_dhillon90 ,
I meant they were really processing slow in Nov. 2013..
I will not be sending my passport ..
Thanks again.
jas_dhillon90 said:
ICT1Canada,

What do you mean by saying processing stopped by November 13? I thought the strike ended in september? BTW, I recommend you to visit to NYC consulate with your letter immediately instead for taking a risk of posting your passport. There i no guarantee that you will get it back on time. Yes, we have got to be positive. I am hoping your approval within coming week. Thanks!

faith11

Apr 17, 2012
My brother received his approval letter via email last jan 24, do you guys know how long is the shipping from New York to Alberta via usps?? Thanks guys.. positive vibes for everyone...

Canavisa

Dec 26, 2013
faith11 said:
My brother received his approval letter via email last jan 24, do you guys know how long is the shipping from New York to Alberta via usps?? Thanks guys.. positive vibes for everyone...
Thanks for sharing the details Faith11....can you share more details on his applications like when did he apply, dates ? Applied Online or mailed Paper application ? ICT with or without LMO ?

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
FYI
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/new-temporary-foreign-worker-rules-may-reduce-processing-times.html

No wonder the processing is slow..

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
Our applications are in already. Those new rules should not be for us but for new applications. If they deny or ask us for more requirements then it is unfair. Why now? why not later or earlier? Does that mean our processing will be further delayed?