+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

saleemjosh

Star Member
May 5, 2009
nmy9420 said:
Hi All,
I am so frustrated, I got offer is a postdoc fellow in a University, the offer is like one year contract firstly, now looks like have to take 4-5month to wait for VISA, and as a just graduated student I don't have enough time and money supported myself in US right now. what should I do !!!
Hi Nmy9420..in which uni u got postdoc offer.

nmy9420

Jan 5, 2014
Hi All,
I have a question, if anyone knows, please reply me, I am thinking could us apply a visitor VISA and when we arrive Canada, and then we can apply work permit inside Canada, because I check the CIC website, the processing time in Canada is only 10 days!!!! anyone tried this way before or any problem with it?

vinter

Dec 29, 2013
Forums.173 said:
Hi Vinter - I suspect that some application took longer time for the decision because of type of the application as well. I think the ICT app (Without LMO) will have faster decision then application with LMO.
Thanks for you reply, Forum.173. I guess that explains it.

ict1canada,
I had applied for ICT on 11/25.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi Canavisa,
Gwennie has applied to NYC paper application sent thru mail.

Canavisa said:
Congrats Gwennie....I also applied on Oct 1st but no news yet, was your application processed in New York or Los Angeles ?

saleemjosh

Star Member
May 5, 2009
nmy9420 said:
Hi All,
I have a question, if anyone knows, please reply me, I am thinking could us apply a visitor VISA and when we arrive Canada, and then we can apply work permit inside Canada, because I check the CIC website, the processing time in Canada is only 10 days!!!! anyone tried this way before or any problem with it?
I am also in the same situation. I got postdoc position and applied for TWP online from usa (in November 2013). Waiting for the approval.

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
Hi everyone! I came here in canada as food counter attendant and since i am a nurse in the philippines ans have some experiences taking care of children and elderly i decided to apply in the live-on caregiver program. Eventhough i am already here in canada i need to apply outside canada which is in New York. I applied by mail and they receiv 2013e it 1st of october and got the approval january 27 2014. Still waiting for my passport then i could go get my work permit in the boarder. Thats how xomplicated it is but thank God its a positive result!

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
I sent an email to NYC office and I received (2) replies today.

The first one says that "processing has begun on my application and is now in queue for assessement....they are currently finalizing applications received on 6 September".

After a few hours, I received another reply which says "my application is now in queue for assessment...they are currently finalizing applications received on 5 September. This reply does not say "processing has begun" :eek:

Anyway, Kudos to NYC for replying to all our inquiries. May we receive our WP soon! In God's perfect time!

P.S. I submitted my application ONLINE - October 2013

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014

The first one says that "processing has begun on my application and is now in queue for assessement....they are currently finalizing applications received on 6 September".

After a few hours, I received another reply which says "my application is now in queue for assessment...they are currently finalizing applications received on 5 September. This reply does not say "processing has begun" Shocked

Anyway, Kudos to NYC for replying to all our inquiries. May we receive our WP soon! In God's perfect time!

@cookie
This is weird. Some people who applied october 1,2013 have already received confirmation. This automated reply seems baseless. Is your online application LMO based or without LMO?

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
jas_dhillon90 said:

After a few hours, I received another reply which says "my application is now in queue for assessment...they are currently finalizing applications received on 5 September. This reply does not say "processing has begun" Shocked

@ cookie
This is weird. Some people who applied october 1,2013 have already received confirmation. This automated reply seems baseless. Is your online application LMO based or without LMO?
Well...receiving 2 emails the same day with slightly different information on days of applications are being processed is weird in itself. I am just relieved that processing has begun on my application ;D

My online application is LMO based.

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
@ cookie

Four months processing time will never work for me. You applied in Oct and its february now. I applied in Jan 2014 and I have to leave USA by start of may. Frustrating. Let us know as soon as you receive confirmation. :)

wait_2013

Nov 25, 2013
Hi All,
I sent my paper based application from Canada on October 10th and received approval email January 29th. I am just waiting for my passport to be sent back. My application was LMO based. The waiting is crucial and the processing seems to be a little faster now since they closed the VAC. It took 3months 19days to be exact..

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
wait_2013 said:
Hi All,
I sent my paper based application from Canada on October 10th and received approval email January 29th. I am just waiting for my passport to be sent back. My application was LMO based. The waiting is crucial and the processing seems to be a little faster now since they closed the VAC. It took 3months 19days to be exact..
If I am not mistaken, you are the 2nd person in this forum who applied in October for WP in NYC (paper based) who already got approval. CONGRATULATIONS!

I am just confused coz it is clearly stated in NYC and CIC websites that online application is faster..in fact, they encourage online application than paper application....hmmmmm.

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
None - File updated 11/30/2013
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
wait_2013 said:
Hi All,
Congratulations on Paper based application approval. Mine was online application submitted on Oct 25th'13, LMO based. I didn't see any movement yet. But lets keep posting our timelines as anyone receives any updated status. May be you are already in Canada, that is the reason.....